Thursday, October 18, 2012

Currently

Hello Thursday! One day closer to Friday :)  I saw this on Amber's blog the other day, and thought I would copy her (because she's fabulous!) and play along.

*******************************************
Feeling a little tired, a little stressed and ready for the weekend.

Reading nothing at the moment. I just finished reading a couple books by Emily Giffin (Something Blue, Something Borrowed, Where We Belong) and enjoyed them. They are easy and cheesy reads, but it was exactly what I needed lately.

Longing for the weekend and a morning to sleep in!

Laughing at Harley the other night when Mr.D put the cone of shame on his head. He just looked so sad yet so cute. And it wasn't to be mean...he has some spots on his belly that he keeps licking which are getting irritated, so we are trying to stop that.

Crying was me during my workout at CrossFit on Tuesday night. It was one of those workouts that they kept saying I was doing something wrong and I just couldn't get it. I was so frustrated with myself that the tears starting flowing. I felt pretty silly, but a girl who was in the class sent me a message and made me feel better about it.

Looking forward to the next couple of weekends. My birthday, my cousin visiting, dinner with friends, etc.

Journaling is something I haven't done in a long time! And by journaling, I mean actually writing in a notebook.

Celebrating nothing quite yet, but will be in just over a week for my birthday :)

Eating nothing exciting lately. I am trying to watch what I eat again, as I was feeling blah about myself and I hate that feeling.

Running lots still! I have a 10k next weekend that I am looking forward to :)

Hoping that it's nothing big when I take Harley to the vet this afternoon. He's had those spots that I mentioned above for over a week now and they aren't going away. Mr. D and I think he had a reaction to something he ate over Thanksgiving. The little devil was eating tomatoes out of my MIL's garden! 

Planning a trip in the spring with my mom and two friends to Ireland. So excited already for the trip!

Drinking my all time favourite Diet Coke and water. Trying to cut back on the DC, but it's so good!

Missing my mom and family as always.

Listening to not many music stations lately. I find myself listening to CBC on the way to work and on the way home, and quite enjoy it.

Making a recipe for peanut butter granola this weekend. My cousin made me some before and gave me the recipe, and it's so good!

Tell me: something that is happening with you right now :)

11 comments :

  1. This is fun!! Peanut butter granola, must share this recipe! I hope Harley's belly is ok. Poor guy (not the cone!!), Keep me posted. Ireland!!! How fun! That is so awesome! I'm excited for your birthday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Emily Giffin's books too! I have read all except "Love the one you're with" --so cute!

    And a trip to Ireland?!?! AH! Totally jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacation!!! That is all...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sorry to hear about a frustrating crossfit class. I find that sometimes my runs feel emotional as I'm dumping all my stress as I run. I've been listening to a lot of NPR lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum to the granola. Do share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get to Ireland! OMG BIRTHDAYS ARE THE BEST. Please tell me you are doing something FUN FUN FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. Might borrow that idea as well! Great one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending good thoughts for Harley's vet visit, I hope it's just an allergic reaction.

    I am feeling pretty blah about myself lately too and I know it's from bad eating habits. So hard when I'm super busy and going to lots of events lately with delicious (but so not healthy) food! I know cleaning up my eating will make me feel better though. It's funny how eating badly can make you feel yucky too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ireland?? Awesome!! Don't feel bad about crying during your workout. Been there, done that!

    Hope Harley's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally started listening to CBC on my commute a few months before leaving and LOVE IT. I was constantly getting to work saying, "I heard on CBC that.." Such a nerd, but so great. I just copied this post onto my travel blog. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, the crying thing is tough. But i know the feeling. I am glad someone reached out to you and made you feel better!

    That is so exciting that you are going to Ireland!! I have never been, but have heard great things.

    I am doing this post on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...