Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIY {anywhere} art

A couple of weekends ago, we were at the mall and I spotted a sign that I loved. I couldn't stomach the price for the sign, so I decided to make my own.

Materials

- paint
- canvas
- stencil
- paint brush

Instructions

  1.  Paint your canvas whatever background color you decide on.
  2. Once the paint has dried, begin to stencil your saying onto your canvas
  3. Once done stenciling your saying, hang it up on your way to enjoy :)
All of the materials
Starting to paint the background colour

The finished product


Easy peasy! You can find another easy DIY art project that I did here

Tell me: have you done any DIY projects lately?


10 comments :

  1. I like this idea. I'm gonna have to find something that I totally want to rip off and make it myself now! hee

    I think some motivational pics in my gym - er, treadmill room - would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! I was in a fabric store yesterday and saw canvases on sale, I might have to go back and buy one today!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I saw $rama has those big canvases again! Very cute. I like the saying too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I need to start getting my craft on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple yet awesome...we need to fill out our house more so maybe my wife and I will give that a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I love this idea because I've seen a few cute signs before that I love but don't want to spend the money on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good at the DIY! I love when you share them! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm going to have to make some DIY art. I went to go buy supplies but the $ store was out of the big canvases and I'm too cheap to buy them at Michaels! Will have to check back.

    I still need to do the lost sock DIY. We lose socks here like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! You are so good at DIY'ing! I am impressed. And think of all the money you are saving!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...