Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall reads


The other day Jen was asking for post ideas on Twitter and I suggested a post on her recent reads. So, I am totally stealing my own idea and doing a post on the books that I've read recently.

One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf
This book reminded me of one called Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It tells the story of a small town that has a sudden tragic event happen. Different members of the community tell the story, so you get to experience how the event affects each person.

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Stacey recommended this book to me after I mentioned on Twitter that I wanted a cheesy, romantic book to read. It kind of reminded me of 50 Shades except with much less sex, bondage and controlling men. It was an easy read if you want a cheesy love story with a little bit of sex thrown in there.

Love Anthony by Lisa Genova
I've read the author's other book called Still Alice, which I loved. This book is about two women living on Nantucket with two totally different lives. One suffers the lost of her austic son and the other is mourning the loss of her marriage. As one begins writing a book, it brings the two women slowly closer together. Overall, it wasn't a terrible book, but I just struggled to love it. 

Tell me: what have you read lately?


7 comments :

  1. I am stuck on Nicholas Spark's books, they are all romance books and I love them! Easy reads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Still Alice, will have to read that one. I have not been in the reading mood...I need to get that back! I need a vacation for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently reading Storm of Swords, the third book in the game of thrones series...very freaking good but I dont have the time I use to to read so it is slow going...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading The Handmaids Tale right now and enjoying it, though it is definitely a slower read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading 'we need to talk about kevin' it's great, but not going quickly because 1 i've been busy and 2 it's really not a feel good book in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading a biography about Julia Child - but it's really long! 1,000 pages! I read a lot of great books this month, which I am going through in my monthly recap post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hitting up Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling next....I really wish I kept all my books through the move, I had SO MANY good ones to share!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...