Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend highlights

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was actually pretty darn good. No set plans, which was exactly what I needed.



Highlights of my weekend:

  • A CrossFit workout on Friday night after work. It was freaking tough, but felt great when it was done!
  • an early dinner at Nick's with Mr.D on Saturday. They have great pizza!
  • Mr. Harley sneaking onto the blankets while I made the bed.
  • a sleep in Saturday and Sunday morning. Oh and a fantastic 1.5 hour nap on Saturday night. 
  • a great run on Saturday morning. I have been having crappy long runs lately, and this run was exactly what I needed. I started out around a 5:35 km and worked my way down to a 5:14 km for the last kilometer! Felt amazing.
  • Went to visit a co-worker in the hospital. She's not doing well, but it was great to sit and just chat with her.
  • Another CrossFit workout on Sunday morning. It wasn't my greatest performance because of my tired legs, but still felt great to be in there.  I also got to try my new weight lifting shoes, which were an early birthday present from Mr.D
  • A bbq with some friends at a local park. It actually wasn't too bad weather wise, but once the sun goes down, it's chilly!
Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?


8 comments :

  1. Sounds great! Nice shoes! Fancy. Now you will be extra strong!! :) Silly Harley. Cruz loves to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. We had no plans really which worked out great since I got sick and our next few weekends are booked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! EVERYTIME I drive by Nick's, I want to go there..it's still on our bucket list.
    PS: I still can't get the hang of going by kilometers. I figured if the treadmills here still read miles, then I'm good! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you spent some time with your friends...I bet it meant the world to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun weekend! Don't you love a god nap?

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had a great weekend!! what do you mean by "chilly"?! i am sure you can handle a lot more chill than my thin southern blood ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a fun weekend! Mine was great and very low key. I had dinner with my aunt and uncle on Friday night, made dinner for someone on Sat night (will email you the details on that), and then relaxed all day Sunday! After my busy travel schedule, I NEEDED a quiet weekend like the one I had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your co-worker. I'm sure visiting lifted their spirits.

    Nice pace on the long run! I haven't seen 5s in a long time. Must get working on that!

    I was trying to figure out what those weight lifting shoes were! Look pretty snazzy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...