Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend highlights

Happy Monday everyone! Thank you for all of your birthday wishes on Friday. Loved reading all of your comments on Mr.D's post. He's sure a keeper to write posts each year for my birthday :)

If you are participating in the Canadian Bloggers Christmas Swap, I will be pairing everyone up this week and will be doing a post shortly with your partner information :)
  • I had the day off on Friday, so I slept in, went to CrossFit, and then went to pick up my cousin from the airport
  • we went shopping the afternoon and then out for dinner to Fergus & Bix
  • Saturday morning, Mr.D and I ran the MEC Bow River fall run, which was more like winter run! It was -8C (-15C with the windchill) and snowy! After the race, I came home and ran the last 6km with Harley.
  • Saturday night was spent making no slip headbands with my cousin. They are super easy to make!
  • Sunday morning I went to a CrossFit class and then picked up my cousin in the afternoon. We spent the afternoon watching "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" and hanging out. Perfect way to spend the afternoon :)
Tell me: how was your weekend? Did you do anything for Halloween?

10 comments :

  1. I love running in snow! I am crazy haha. But not that wind we had on the weekend - you are brave.
    This is the first year we did not have a Halloween party to go to and no reason to dress up and to be honest I kinda missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good birthday weekend. Too bad the snow joined us!! Sound like a great Sunday with your cousin! Glad she was here for your birthday too!! Very cute headbands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN READ ALL ABOUT MY WEEKEND ON MY BLOG...
    http://stacys101list.blogspot.ca/2012/10/weekend-recap.html

    CAN'T WAIT FOR THE XMAS SWAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, what a funny movie!! are you going to do a tutorial on these bands? or did you already & i missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hairbands look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, please tell me how to make those headbands! Also, props to you for running in this weather! (I can barely WALK in it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking of your run this weekend! We only ran outside on Sunday. I was too much of a suck on Saturday and ran inside on the treadmill :)
    Other than carving pumpkins no Halloween activities for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a fun birthday weekend! Great headband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the head band!!! How do you make them? I am in serious need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BURR! That is too cold for October. I hope the snow melts and you get a bit more of fall!

    I am glad you had an awesome birthday weekend! It sounds like the perfect mix of doing things and also relaxing.

    My weekend was great. I went to a going away HH for a co-worker, met a friend's baby, went to a fun Halloween party, and made some delicious beef stew!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...