Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An exciting opportunity

A couple weeks ago, I was presented with a great opportunity that combines two things I love. Running and blogging! Do you remember earlier this year when I ran my first 5 mile race? Well, the race director had found my race review and has asked me to be an ambassador for their race next year. Of course I jumped at the chance!

The race that I will be blogging about is the Run for L'Arche.  A little background on the race:

·         L’Arche Calgary was started in 1973
·         L’Arche Calgary has five homes, a supported independent living program and a day  program
·         L’Arche Calgary supports 29 members with a developmental disability
·         L’Arche Calgary has staff and volunteers from 26 different countries
·         There are 139 L’Arche communities in 40 countries around the world
·         2013 will be the 3rd annual Run for L’Arche
·         All proceeds from the Run for L’Arche will go to support L’Arche Calgary’s homes and programs for people with developmental disabilities.
·         The 2011 Run for L’Arche offered a Half Marathon and a 1K Fun Run Walk (400 max. participants) - $24,000 raised
·         The 2012 Run for L’Arche offered a Half Marathon, 5 Mile and 1K Fun Run Walk (550 max. participants) - $42,000 raised
·         The 2013 Run for L’Arche offers a Half Marathon, 5 Mile and 1K Fun Run Walk (600 max. participants)

I am excited to be a part of this race and to be running my 7th half marathon! If anyone would like to join me in running the half marathon or the 5 mile, you can register here

Keep an eye out in the new year for my posts on how my training is going and tips and tricks for new runners.  If you want to learn more about the race, you can follow them on Facebook or Twitter.


12 comments :

  1. Congratulations hun, and you should be so proud of yourself, it takes real dedication to do this <3

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats that is exciting news!! You must be honored to be partt of such a great race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really exciting! I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Lucky them to find you!! L'Arche is such a great program. Is this the one I am supposed to sign up for!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great opportunity! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so awesome when the blogging world and real world collide, but getting to be an ambassador for running, well that's super cool! I'm jealous :) Hopefully opportunities like this come up once I'm back to running races!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY exciting! I loved being an ambassador for the Vancouver marathon last year so I'm sure you will love this. It's fun to promote things we love and would be doing anyways :) And yay for ANOTHER half marathon, I can't believe how many you've been busting out lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cool that you are am ambassador. That means that you are officially kind of a big deal. I wish I lived closer and could run it with you since it has a Frenchie name! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...