Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let's all brag for a moment

The other night at CrossFit, I was finally able to figure out how to kip a handstand push up and was super excited for myself! It got me thinking how I'd love to tell people about it, but I don't want people to think that I am bragging. Then I thought about it again and said "screw it"! This is my blog, I'm proud of myself and everyone deserves a chance to brag about something so that's exactly what I am going to do today.

My brags for today are:
  • Harley and I ran 5.5km (3.4miles) last night with an average pace of 5:20/km. I haven't ran that fast in a while! It must have been the dark ;)
  • Mr.D has been making some awesome meals lately! I haven't felt like cooking at all, and am so happy to have a husband who will cook instead.
  • I am Canadian and proud of it!
  • I mentioned it above, but I finally figured out how to kip my handstand pushups last night at CrossFit. It took a few tries and some direction, but I got it. Now I am addicted to doing it! {here is a video on how to do kipping handstand pushups}
  • I have some amazing family and friends (both in real life and on-line). I wouldn't trade them for the world.
  • I am running my 6th half marathon on Sunday! It's crazy to think just under two years ago, I could barely run 3k
 Tell me: what do you want to brag about today? It can be anything! 

17 comments :

  1. Get it girl!! Handstand pushup, for real tho?! Hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those are VERY brag worthy! Awesome job at Crossfit and on your pace :)
    Where is the half on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!! That's awesome!! I wanna see you do it! 6th half - wow! You are a machine. :) See the tank top I got your is perfect for you!! And I agree - great family, friends and online friends! ;) Clearly I am adding myself into your friends category! AND I would like B to email Justin what he makes and MAYBE he will make dinner! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some awesome things to brag about! You're a rockstar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! So proud of you! You are totally entitled to bragging rights on your blog, they are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! So proud of you! You are totally entitled to bragging rights on your blog, they are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome that you have so much to brag about! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so inspiring!! Brag away girl!! You rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a handstand pushup?? That is unreal!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...I need to know what meals the hub makes so I can pass some "educational info" on to Tyler. Congrats on the running and the intense pushups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It ain't bragging if you done it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! I'd brag too girl! I wish I could do a handstand push-up, right now I'm just trying to work on the handstand part! Hahahaa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa that move is no joke, you should be bragging!

    My brag today is that even though I worked 14 hours on Tuesday and 10 hours yesterday I still drug my butt out for a 7 km run last night with Chloe (in the rain!) it was actually a really enjoyable run and I'm VERY glad I got my butt out there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck this sunday! Wish I was running too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. K, carefully commenting on your site...trying not to use the words mentioned in the past...like bo...opps almost did it...it is okay right? How about right? Is right, alright? ahhhh!!!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - 6th half? That is awesome! I think that is more than I have ran!! I am sure it will be a great race! And you SHOULD brag, lady! You are so so strong and lean and you look amazing. Crossfit has been so good for you!

    Let's see... Well, I guess I could brag about the fact that I am probably getting promoted soon. It hasn't been announced yet, but I think it's a sure thing. Or I hope it is. Also, I am really good at wrapping cords of blowdryers and straighteners in a way that they do not ever get all twisty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots to brag about!! :)

    Can I borrow Harley? Maybe I can run at that pace if he is dragging me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...