In the five days that we were in NYC, we managed to do a lot of stuff and eat lots of food! Mr.D's brother lives a couple blocks from Central Park, so it was easy to walk places or hop the subway if needed. I have a terrible sense of direction, so luckily Mr.D was there to navigate us around.
I don't want to make this post too long, so I think I will break it up into two posts divided by the different days and the different things we saw and ate.
|Outside of the MET|
- walked through Central Park
- went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. You can pay whatever you want to enter, but they do provide 'recommended' entrance fees. We spent about an hour wandering around looking at the different exhibits
- walked through the Columbus Circle shopping centre
|Radio City music hall|
|Myself in Grand Central Station|
|Mr.D & I in Times Square|
- walked down 5th Avenue to look at all of the high end stores
- went to Times Square and was amazed at how many people were there!
- went to Rockefeller Plaza
- went to Grand Central Station- such a neat thing to see!
It was my niece's 3rd birthday, so we had a special day for her. We:
|Birthday girl and her special treat|
|View of the buildings from the park|
|Mr.D and M|
|M and myself at Starbucks|
- went to Sugar & Plumm for lunch
- tried to go skating in Central Park, but the line up was super long, so we went to the park to scoot on her new scooter and play on the slides
- stopped at Starbucks for hot chocolate to warm up after the park
- after the park, went back to their apartment for a special dinner and birthday cake