Friday, January 18, 2013

{happy friday}

Phew, this week is finally over! So, so glad that the weekend is finally here. Was it just me or was this week super long? Oh well, it's Friday!

 This week I had some awesome workouts at CrossFit. On Thursday, I did the "filthy fifties" for the first time. Dang, that was quite workout! If you don't know what the "filthy fifties" workout is here is exactly what it is:

1 Round for time:
50 Box Jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping Pull-ups
50 KB Swings, 1 pood
50 Walking Lunges
50 Knees to Elbows
50 Push Press, 45 lbs
50 Back Extensions
50 Wallballs, 20/14 lbs ball
50 Burpees
50 Double Unders

I had to modify some of the exercises and finished in 32:18. Then last night, we did "Grace" which is 30 clean and jerks for time. This was my second time doing the workout and last time I used 70lbs and finished in 5:48. This time I used 75lbs and finished in 4:58. Definitely excited about the improvement!

My mom is flying in to spend the weekend here, so I am looking forward to seeing her! We don't have anything planned yet, but I am sure shopping will be involved.

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments :

  1. That workout sounds "fun", I like workouts like that!! I make up ones like that at home! :) Nice work!! YAY for Mom visits!! Have lots of fun with her,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time with your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, the filthy 50s looks like a tough one!! I'm always sore after doing jumping pull ups at Lifeforce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, the filthy 50s workout looks like a tough one! I'm always sore after doing jumping pull ups at Lifeforce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom is here for the weekend too! Well she's been here a week already but she leaves Monday. I love Mom visits! I hope you enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun weekend with your mom! Shopping together sounds wonderful! It's a 3 day weekend here, which I am so looking forward to!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That workout sounds scary! Good for you!

    Have a great time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously need to workout..and shop!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...