Monday, January 28, 2013

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Monday everyone....another week is upon us. We were out of town this weekend and are going to be out of town for two weekends in February. Busy times!

This weekend, we headed to Mr.D's hometown because his grandpa unfortunately passed away last week. As sad as it is that his grandpa passed away, it meant that we were able to spend time with his family that came from out of town. His cousins came from Michigan and his brother, wife and two daughters came home from NYC for the weekend. It was nice to be able to see everyone.

Friday was spent driving to Mr.D's hometown, which is a three hour drive. We didn't get in until around 8:30pm, so we just hung out that night. Saturday morning I took Harley with me on a chilly, but sunny run. We ended up running just over 11kms and it was a great morning for a winter run. In the afternoon was the funeral and then all of the family went out for dinner. Lots of food was consumed! Sunday morning we went out for breakfast with Mr.D's family before they traveled. After breakfast, we packed our stuff up and made the drive home.


Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?

10 comments :

  1. Aww I am sorry to hear about his passing!!! Glad you were able to spend time with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry again about Grampa. But glad you had a good weekend visiting! Wow busy February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to spend time with family despite it being a sad occasion!! I had a really low key weekend last weekend which was good because I'm now super busy/out-of-town every single weekend in February!! Mostly fun stuff though (like Mexico!) so I can't complain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about Grampa! I know how you feel though. When John's grandpa died last March, I got SO excited when we were able to go home for the funeral. I love when the ENTIRE family is together. it's just too bad that it wasn't for a happier occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about his grandpa's passing. But at least there could be some good in the family being together. Travelling a lot in the next little while too! this weekend was full on double dates, as my BF's best friend's GF was in town (a mouthful to say).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about his grandpa's passing. :( That is tough, but I am glad you were able to be together with family. Sounds like a whirlwind weekend. I hope you have some fun ones planned in February!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Mr. D's grampa. Sending big hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about B's Grandpa. It's nice that it brought the family together though.

    Good job on your run while away.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...