Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recent reads


I have been on a big kick lately, so thought I would share some of the books that I've read.  You can find other books that I've read here, here and here

Miss Me Not by Tiffany King
If you don't like books about suicide or the idea of suicide, this book is not for you. It is the story about a high school girl that makes a pact with her friend to commit suicide. Suddenly something changes in her and she decides not to take her own life. She meets a guy who helps her see that there are actually good things in her less than stellar life.

Saving June by Hannah Harrington
This is another book that is based around suicide. Harper is the less than perfect sister, but when her sister June suddenly takes her own life, she is left with so many questions. Harper, her friend and a guy end up taking a trip to California where she finds answers and discovers things about her sister that she never knew.

Fragile by Lisa Unger
Fragile is based in a small town outside of NYC. A teenage girl suddenly goes missing and the disappearance is similar to one more than 15 years ago. The story is told by different people in the town that are connected to both of the missing girls. I really enjoyed this book!

If anyone is on Goodreads, find me! My name is under Leigh D.

Tell me: what have you read lately? Anything good?

8 comments :

  1. I next to check out Goodreads! I just finished Drop Dead Healthy and realyl liked it, now I am readin Lost Girls, which is long but I am liking it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound right up my alley I have just so not been in a reading kick. I need summer. :) Or a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these! Thanks for the suggestions :)
    I did recently finish The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon and also Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. I loved both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading a lot lately too! Right now I'm reading the Casual Vacancy by JK Rowlings. It started out REALLY slow and boring but as I get further into it the story gets more intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I love book recommendations! I just posted my January books read too. I haven't read any of these so I'll have to check them out.
    One book I really reccomend (if you haven't already read it) is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad we are friends on goodreads now so I can see what you are reading! I read 2 WWII books this month, which were both good (especially Those Who Save Us). Then I read a really like read called "Stay" that I think you would like! Now I am reading a book by a young adult author called An Abundance of Katherines which is also pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding those books to my Goodreads list! I get so many of my book ideas from you so these posts are great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...