Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Run for L'Arche: training week one


Well, week one of training has come and gone. Only nine more weeks to go :) Here is the break down of how my week of training went:

Monday
  • 4km walk with my dog Harley 
  • a CrossFit class 
Tuesday
  • 5.4km run with Harley
Wednesday
  • a CrossFit class and the workout was the 'Filthy Fifties' 
Thursday
  • 3.2km walk with Harley
  • a CrossFit class and the workout was 'Grace'
Friday
  • 5.5km {5:42/km pace} run with Harley
Saturday
  • a CrossFit workout 
Sunday
  • 8km {5:47/km pace} run with Harley  
Totals:
Running: 18.9kms
Walking: 7.2 kms

Overall, this is a pretty typical week for myself and my workouts. And yes, Harley comes on a lot of runs with me. A tired and happy dog equals happy puppy parents :) Plus, it's nice to have 'someone' to run with.

Tell me: how was your last week of workouts? Are you training for anything?

7 comments :

  1. Looks like a good week! The only time I have ever run without Cruz is when we have been on holidays! :) She is my running buddy. She also helps me get up hills!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have a single rest day! Great job on a strong first week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do take Harley on some great runs and walks!! Chloe would be jealous :) She gets about 4 solid walks/runs a week and the other three days are mini ones or taking her to the park and throwing her frisbee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on getting out there and running with Harley! I am such a wimp, all of my runs have been indoors these days as we are in the midst of a really bad cold spell. Winter needs to go AWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the training! Is Run for L'Arche a new race? I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...