Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whatcha watching?

Mr.D and I have been getting into some new shows lately, and I know I always like finding new shows to watch.  Here are some of our current favorites.

The League
 
 When we were in NYC, Mr.D's brother had Netflix and had started watching this show. We watched many episodes over the five days we were there, and it is freaking hilarious. None of the people in it are big name stars, yet still so funny. It is based around a group of friends that is in a fantasy football league. 

Bomb Girls
 This is a Canadian show and the second season just started. It was originally going to be only a six show mini-series, but it has turned into a full series. It is set in during Second World War and the girls obviously work in a bomb factory. I know some people didn't like this show, but we quite enjoy it. 

Shameless

We started watching this show last year, and can't wait for the next season to come out! Mr.D and I both agree, that we've never watched a show which made us hate the parent's so much. The family is the most dysfunctional family ever, yet hilarious at the same time. A definite must watch.

Tell me: what have you been watching lately?


11 comments :

  1. I have not seen any of those shows! But we watch too much TV. haha. Big Bang Thoery, Glee, Campire Diaries, Happy Endings, How I Met Youtr Mother, Modern Family, The Middle... haha. see?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game of thrones! Hell on wheels (meh), SOA, Breaking Bad, Bobs Burgers

    My wife is really into the show Merlin, I can take it or leave it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has a slight obsession with The League...and I find it funny but I don't think I love it as much as he does. I think the actor who plays Taco might be Canadian...(and that was a very Canadian thing of me to say).
    I'm curious about Shameless - I'll have to check it out.

    And as much as I hate to admit it, I'm excited about the return of Archer. (and yes, it is a cartoon for grownups)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of any of these shows!! I think we watch enough shows for now but I will keep this post in mind! I do like funny mindless shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The League is my new favorite too. I am working on catching up on netflix right now...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can honestly say I have never heard of these shows either!! I am glad you are enjoying them!!

    I clearly watch too many tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are really behind on our TV shows right now. We watch Dexter together but are like 3 episodes behind and still haven't seen the finale this year and we also watch Big Bang Theory together but are like three episodes behind on that too!!

    I hadn't heard of any of these shows before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of any of those. I really should finish off season 1 of Game of Thrones, and I'm currently working on the most recent season of Leverage on DVD. No spin time lately so I'm behind, to say nothing of a Christmas tree between the display and the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm interested in checking out bomb girls now, I love period pieces (a la my obsession with Downton Abbey!) I am currently stuck on a show called Lost Girl, which happens to be a Canadian show! I'm far behind on everything else though. Not having cable means waiting forever to get caught up, and we usually download the episodes, or wait for the season to hit netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the first season of Bomb Girls! I was so excited when they were renewed for Season Two! But for some reason I didn't catch the first episode. I'll have to catch it online so I can stay up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen any of these! I have barely been watching TV lately as I have been so busy with CFA studying. I am actually really behind on watching my favorite shows, which are Parenthood and Top Chef.

    Someone recommended that I watch a show called Happy Endings or something like that? And then my boyfriend really wants me to watch Breaking Bad as he LOVES that show. I am curious about it but think it might be a bit too dark for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...