Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Let's eat!

I know that I love trying new recipes that other people have already tried, so I thought I would list some that Mr.D and I have tried lately.

Chicken fajita salad by Iowa Girl Eats

We tried this one last week and it was pretty darn easy and tasty! I think the best part of the recipe was the rub mix for the chicken. We will definitely be keeping that.

Superfood salad by Iowa Girl Eats
 



This is by far our favorite recipe that we've tried in a while. It's so easy, so tasty and the flavours are amazing! We've made it with both chicken and strip, and both are delicious.

Creamy tomato and rice soup


























We found this one through the milk calendar that my mom sent to me and it was definitely not a keeper. It was easy to make, but the flavour just wasn't there. And it got worse on the second day.

Tell me: have you tried any new recipes lately?

13 comments :

  1. Love both those salads, really all her salads are awesome! Have you tried her chopped autumn salad? Its really easy and good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those salads look awesome. I have been loving salads lately. I will have to tweek them for J but they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken fajita salad looks amazing! I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well those all sound DELISH! I'm def going to look into the chicken rub you mentioned in the first one. We eat so much chicken and I get bored with it easily, lol. Always looking for new varieties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just about to say how awesome that milk calendar seems to be for you. I still make that pizza crust recipe you gave me. But then you said it didn't turn out. Too bad! Good thing all the rest were so delicious! I hate when recipes don't turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely not a cook but I have been trying to put more effort into my meals lately. This week I've been enjoying spaghetti squash with tofu and salsa for dinner. Not much of a recipe but it's a step for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! I tried a new soup recipe from one of my vegan cookbooks the week before we went to Mexico and it was AWESOME! I've been making a ton of soup lately because I make a big batch on Sundays and then eat it for lunch all week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been trying some new recipes from my Practical Paleo book, so far they have all been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fajita looks good :) we have been trying new recipes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I saw that iowa girl eats salad (chicken fajita) and printed off the recipe a few weeks ago. Looks fabulous. I don't know how she comes up with such great recipes all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, those first 2 look awesome, especially the 2nd recipe. I will have to check those out as I feel like i keep making the same recipes over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those salads look so good! I'm definitely going to try them next week.

    Too bad about the soup. I laughed that it tasted worst on the 2nd day. How disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! Made the superfood salad last night thanks to your post. It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...