Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Run for L'Arche: training week six

This week was a bit of juggle to get my runs in on the weekend because I had to be out of town for the weekend for a work related course. I definitely prefer running outside than on the track or the treadmill, but by the time my course was over there wasn't enough day light to run outside.

Monday 2/18
  • 4.3km walk with Harley
  • "deck of cards" workout inspired by Jen with burpees, squats, sit ups and push ups
Tuesday 2/19
  • 6.44km run {5:30/km pace} with Harley
  • 2.28km walk at lunch 
 
Wednesday 2/20
  • CrossFit workout of:
5 rounds of:
15 hand release push ups {did them from my knees}
15 pull ups {used a red band}
15 power cleans @65lbs

 

Thursday 2/21
  • 6.22km run {5:43/km pace} with Harley
Friday 2/22
  • rest as I had to travel and then had a course all night
Saturday 2/23
  • 13.0km run. I did 5km on the track and then 8km on the treadmill
Sunday 2/24
  • 4.3km walk with Harley
Totals
Running: 26.0 km
Walking: 11.0km

Overall, a pretty good week of training for me. 

Tell me: what do you prefer running on the track, treadmill or outside?

6 comments :

  1. Nice work!! Good week. I love the deck of cards workout in the summer in the backyard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting in a 13 km run after a long day of work!

    I DESPISE the treadmill and will choose running outside in even extreme weather conditions over the treadmill. However I really don't mind the track and will use that option if I have it. Running on the track is actually how I got into running in the first place several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Splitting up your long run is a good idea when you can't run outside.

    I need to do one of those deck of cards workouts one of these days. Without the burpees though!

    That sucks that you had a course on the weekend! Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspired by your training calendar! For your deck of cards workout, try RipDeck, deck of cards iPhone workout app. With RipDeck you can workout at home, in the gym, while traveling or anywhere.

    Share a custom RipDeck workout with us and we may feature it and your blog on our In-App News, Facebook and Twitter.

    ripdeckapp.com

    Like us on Facebook and follow @ripdeck on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! You had another strong week! I definitely prefer running outdoors. I have never actually ran on an indoor track but I figure that must be better than running on a treadmill, which is what i am mostly doing these days. I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather so I won't run outdoors if it's colder than about 20 degrees F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great week! Do you find that CrossFit helps with your running fitness? I like running outside- I get so bored on a treadmill! Sometimes I will do a track workout, and those actually aren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...