Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Run for L'Arche: training week nine


Another week of training is done! It's crazy to think that Saturday is race day. Fingers crossed that the weather is much better than this weekend. I will take the cold, but just no snow and wind please :)

I think for the first time ever, I am not setting a time goal for myself for the race. The main reason is that I am just hoping to have a good time, finish with a smile and am using it as part of my training for a full marathon. I haven't talked much about it on here, as it was a last minute decision. I am excited to run it with a couple of friends and of course get a medal at the end :)

Monday 3/11
  • 5.2km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout
Tuesday 3/12
  • 5.37km run {4:56/km avg pace} at lunch. This was a beyond fantastic run!
  • 4.38km walk with Harley
Wednesday 3/13
  • CrossFit workout that was:
 5 rounds of:
400m run
15 Overhead squats at 55lbs

Thursday 3/14
  • 4.2km walk with Haley
  • Nike training club shoulder workout
Friday 3/15
  • rest
Saturday 3/16
  • 26km run {5:41/km avg pace} by myself in the wind and snow. The last 5kms were especially tough which involved lots of walking, but I am glad that I finished
Sunday 3/17
  • 4.2km walk with Harley 

Totals
Running: 34kms
Walking: 18kms

My total kilometers for running was a bit lower this week because of the CrossFit workout on Wednesday. My legs were so dead from the OHS that I choose to skip my run on Thursday.

Tell: how was your week of workouts?

5 comments :

  1. It looks like it won't be "too" bad on Saturday but you never know.

    Your Wednesday workout looks killer! I so want to try Crossfit-- I need to find more hours in the day somewhere. Who needs sleep anyway right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also technically ran at crossfit on Wednesday too! And most likely at a faster pace than you normally do so I wouldn't feel bad about skipping your thursday run! I am downloading that nike training club app now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Saturday's weather is good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a pretty stellar training week, Leigh! You are so ready for the race on Saturday!!! After your 26 km in the snow, it will feel easy to do a half :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a great race today! I am so excited that you are running your first marathon this summer! I hope it is an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...