Monday, April 15, 2013

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! I didn't meant to not blog at the end of last week, but I couldn't get the wireless internet working at the hotel. Oh well, it was nice to have a break from the internet and feeling like I had to blog.

On Wednesday of last week, I drove to Banff in the afternoon as my conference started that night and went until Saturday morning. It was nice to be in Banff and they gave us Friday off to explore and sight see. A couple pictures:

The Fairmont Banff Springs



Mr.D came out for the night on Friday, so we went out for dinner and then just hung out. The conference started at 8am on Saturday, so I was up early. After the conference ended, we drove home on Saturday afternoon luckily before the snow storm hit. Oh yeah, we got around 10-15cms of snow this weekend. Does anyone know where spring is?! 

Hm, what else were we up to? We made a quick trip to the mall on Saturday night, read a book, took a nap and went out for dinner with friends. I was supposed to run 20kms on Sunday, but it was way too snowy to do so! Erica and I decided to head to the YMCA and we ran 10kms on the treadmill instead. Not quite enough, but I couldn't handle anymore.

Tell me: how was your weekend? Did you get hit with the snow storm too?

12 comments :

  1. I was saying yesterday how bad I feel for people training for Spring races this year, the weather has sucked for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had some nice weather in Banff while you were there.

    The snow yesterday was pretty miserable - I would have chosen the treadmill over the outdoors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had nice weather in Banff. This snow sucks. Plain and simple. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome to have a work conference at the Banff Springs! What kinds of things did you learn? Glad you made it home before the snow. I heard the roads that way were pretty bad.

    I don't blame you for not wanting to brave 20K yesterday. I also ran on the treadmill. There is hardcore and there is just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOO to all the snow! It has been snowing on and off here too but hasn't really stuck. I am ready for spring for sure but won't complain because at least we don't have any snow on the ground here (though it has been cold!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics, Leigh! Can't believe you're still getting a ton of snow. We didn't really get any this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Banff!!! Lake Moraine is my happy place!! Looks like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea how you deal with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. M and I loved Banff when we were there!! We loved Canmore more though! Glad you had a great weekend minus the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those pictures are beautiful!! I am glad Mr. D got to join you for a bit and stay in your fancy hotel! I have stayed in a Fairmount for work a couple of times and think they are such nice properties!!

    My weekend was mostly spent studying. The weather was beautiful but I was barely outside. :( I am sorry you got another dumping of snow. The same thing is happening in Minnesota. I think that people up there are really about to lose their minds and I don't blame them. My parents still have 3-4 feet of snow on the ground! It looks like January, not April!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Banff, I have been a couple of times and it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...