Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Training Tuesday

Another week of training is in the books! I haven't talked about it much on the blog, but I somehow signed myself up for a full marathon in May, so that's why my runs have been getting up there in kilometers lately. I keep track of my mileage using daily mile, and I ran 171kms (106 miles) in March, which is crazy to me!

Monday 3/25
  • 5.4km run {5:25/km avg pace} with Harley
  • Nike training club ab burner
Tuesday 3/26
  • 4.3km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout
Wednesday 3/27
  • 7.16km run {5:10/km avg pace}
  • Nike training club core crunch
Thursday 3/28
  • 4.3km walk with Harley
Friday 3/29

  • 30.0km run with Erica {5:51/km avg pace} 
    • this was such a gorgeous day for a run! The first 15kms went really well, but the last 6kms were super, super tough. So glad Erica was there to help make me laugh and get through those last kilometers together.
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
Saturday 3/30
  • CrossFit workout
  • 5.8km walk with Harley
Sunday 3/31
  • 4.5km walk with Harley
Totals

Running: 43.0kms
Walking: 23.0kms

Tell me: how was your week of training?

12 comments :

  1. Nice month! I cannot remember my highest km in a month but I think at one point - when I was insane - I was running 60km a week. Nuts.
    It is nice to have a friend for those long runs, I always had a partner for anything over 15km.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nike Training Club workouts. They're short but they pack in an amazing workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Leigh! I saw something about your marathon in a twitter conversation. Nice work! It'll be here soon. I'm taking a rest day today! Much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers!! 30km is crazy!!! :) You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super impressed you went to crossfit the day after your 30 km run!!!! haha! It's crazy how the mileage slowly builds and builds until you're running crazy long distances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! That's a long run!! Lol great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on all those miles! And all the Crossfit! That's awesome. Which marathon did you sign up for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the decision to sign up for a marathon! Sounds like training is going really well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to hear how the marathon goes for you!!! I wish I could run it with you - although I am SO not in marathon shape these days. ;(

    Last week was an ok running week for me. The temps were better so I was able to do all of my runs outside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are crazy! :) You are rocking your training.

    Seriously how is your 30K average pace faster than my 5K pace? Not fair!! I think I need to start running with you so I can get faster trying to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was definitely 100X better running 30 km with you than on my own. Still - I'm glad your pic is of us at the halfway point and not at the end when I was swearing and fighting tears. Oh boy. Nice to train with you and great job staying active all the days of the week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...