Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Training Tuesday

Another week of marathon training is done! I think the word to describe training this week is tiring/tired. All of those kilometers are catching up to me and I am starting to feel a cold coming on. Fingers crossed that some rest and lots of water will mean it turns into nothing. 


Monday 4/1
  • 7.3km run {5:25/km avg pace} with Harley
  • Nike training club ab burner
Tuesday 4/2
  • 4.3km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout
Wednesday 4/3
  • I had to run this night, but didn't feel like just running, so I made up a workout. It went like this:
 1 mile run
Half of deck of cards workout with two suits {did pushups and situps}
1 mile run
Half of deck of cards workout
1 mile run

Thursday 4/4
  • 4.3km walk with Harley
Friday 4/5
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
Saturday 4/6

  • 32.0 km run {5:58/km avg pace}. I wasn't sure how this run was going to go as I was doing it solo, but glad I was able to get it done. I had some ankle and knee pain, but it went away with a bit of stretching. I was trying to go slower for this run to see how I would feel at the end, and I managed to run my last kilometer in 5:24. Felt pretty good about that!
Sunday 4/7
  • 4.4km walk with Harley
Totals

Running: 44.0kms
Walking: 17.0kms

7 comments :

  1. You are a machine!!! Don't get sick!! Maybe take a couple days off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 32 km alone is no joke! Way to go!! I like the way you mixed up your run that you didn't want to do with some strength training. I should try that next time I don't feel like running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your 32 km run! Doing that solo is tough but it sounds like it went well. Also good idea on mixing up your run with some strength training. I need to try that next time I don't want to run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the idea of those run/strength routines, but rarely do them. Plus, once I get going, I don't like to stop. :) Nice work on the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay healthy!

    Good job on all those workouts! I find half marathon training exhausting so full marathon is just unfathomable right now!

    I like the card workout and breaking up the run. How did that work logistically? Run outside, come inside to do workout and then run outside again and repeat or were you at the gym? I think that would be a great gym/treadmill workout so I'm going to give that a shot next time I don't feel like just running straight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on doing that long run alone! Doing those long runs alone can be tough - especially mentally as you don't have the distraction of a friend! Marathon training is SO exhausting. I had to go to bed early and would sometimes lay on the couch the afternoon of long runs which is really not like me. I hope you feel caught up on sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...