Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ireland 2013 {part two}

You can find the first post of my trip here

After exploring around Donegal, we made our way to Galway. On the way, we stopped at Carrowmore megalithic tombs, which are located in County Sligo. I will admit that it wasn’t typically something that interests me, but it was neat to see.

IMG_0179IMG_0180

After that, we continued onto our next hotel, which was the Glenlo Abbey. It was located not even a ten minute drive from downtown Galway and was located on a golf course. This was an older hotel and they had actual keys to the rooms, not swipe cards!

IMG_0198IMG_0199

After getting out stuff all settled in, we headed into the city centre to look around Galway. It was such a neat little city with lots of shops, pubs, etc all in one area. We grabbed a bite to eat and then headed back to our hotel. Later that night, we headed back into the city centre for dinner and to a pub for some Irish music. Jen and I (it was my mom, her good friend Jan and her daughter Jen that all went on the trip together) decided to stay out longer than the old gals, so we decided to go on a pub crawl to a couple different pubs. Such a fun night!

IMG_0188IMG_0200IMG_0202IMG_0204IMG_0207

The next day, we were back in the car to do some more exploring! We headed to see the Kylemore Abbey Castle, which was 12 euros to get in. It was a gorgeous place to see, but I wouldn’t spend the money if you are near there.

IMG_0225IMG_0228

After the castle, we stopped in a little town called Clifden for some looking around and for lunch. It was a super cute town!

IMG_0231IMG_0233

The rest of the night was spent hanging out at the hotel and ordering pizza to our room which was an experience!

Next up….Killarney, Cliffs of Moher, and Adare


9 comments :

  1. Love your hair!! It looks soo cute and long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome!!! Beautiful sights. Leigh on a pubcrawl!?! LOVE it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to go to Galway but it wasn't on my itinerary. I'm excited for your next post since I've been to all those places! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the quaint little towns! I can't believe you went on a pub crawl! Although it looks like you were just drinking lemon water in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again sounds so fun! I love that you went on a pub crawl. And I agree with Nicole all the quaint little towns are awesome! The castles are also all so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my dream trip! your photos just had me day dreaming so much! Glad you had such a great time. I wrote down Galway, so I could remember to keep it on my list for when we go (one day-ha)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pubcrawl sounds like so much fun! I am loving all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...