Wednesday, June 19, 2013

27 before 27

If you know anything about me, you would know that I love lists and crossing things off my list. So,  this post has been sitting in my draft pile for a long time and I figured I better get on it since my birthday is coming up in four months. Since I made the list a while ago, I've managed to complete some of the stuff on it, but I decided not to change it.

My list includes:

1. Run a marathon
2. Go skating
3. Run a 5k in under 26 minutes
4. Donate to charity
5. Go snow shoeing
6. Buy a stranger coffee/lunch
7. Attempt mountain biking again
8. Travel to Europe
9. Give up Diet Coke for ten days
10. Save $1000
11. Volunteer at a race
12. Give my blog a makeover
13. Donate my hair to locks of love
14. Blog for one month straight
15. Disconnect from social media for a weekend
16. Take a work related course
17. Run a 15k race
18. Figure out how to wear my hair naturally
19. Reconnect with an old friend
20. Send a card to an unsuspecting friend
21. Deadlift over 200lbs
22. Read 75 books
23. Cycle from our house to Cochrane (including the HUGE hill) and back
24. Buy a meal from a food truck
25. Run my 9th half marathon
26. Go garage sale-ing
27. Find the perfect pair of black boots

Tell me: what is on your "bucket (or birthday) list"?

9 comments :

  1. I have a list like this in my drafts too!! Except mine has more things cause I am old and you are not! ha
    But - I will do #2, 5, 7, 11, 24 and 26 with you. :) Done. And try with 27.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lists too, people make fun of me for all the lists around mu house! I wish I could say 27 before 27 lol.
    I have a 30 by 30 list and have completed some of it but have a ways to go, this summer I hope to check off paddleboarding, running through a sprinkler, dance in the rain, stay in bed till noon and watch movies, make homemade ice cream, and go star gazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love lists way too much ;) I just made my 30 before 30 a month or so ago and I'm excited to cross stuff on it as we go. Giving up pop is on my list and also donating my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, you are getting old Leigh! ;)

    You have crossed a few things off that list which is awesome! I keep meaning to do one of these lists but now my bday is too close so that doesn't give me much time. Maybe next year.

    I'm still looking for the perfect pair of black boots.
    That' Cochrane hill scares the crap out of me. I might attend the windy one through the community but not ready for the big one anytime soon.

    I'm so behind on reading. It's quite sad actually. I think I've read 1 or 2 books this year, so well behind my goal. Everytime I go to read my stupid Kobo is dead- because I don't read enough! Maybe if I did #15 more often I could read more!

    I want to see your hair naturally! I bet it will look awesome and I will have even more hair envy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list! I keep wanting to buy the person behind me in the drive thru their coffee but I always 'chicken out'. I need to just do it.

    Putting on my "work" hat now since I work for a non-profit because I wanted to let you know that if you haven't donated to a charity and claimed it on your taxes in the last five years the federal government just came out with some AMAZING tax back incentives to encourage first time donors to give. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/bdgt/2013/qa01-eng.html

    If you give $1,000 you get around $440 back on your taxes! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of these lists sitting in my drafts as well! I should finish it and get it published soon! Those are some great ideas, and I love that you've accomplished some already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough question! I feel like my priorities and goals have changed A LOT over the past couple years. I'd say some things on my bucket list are to explore Europe and Asia, to go somewhere in South America, to live in NY for some amount of time, and to earn a PhD. Other than that ... not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great list! Look like you can already cross some things off of it, too! I did a 30 before 30 list and accomplished about half of the things, which is more than I would have. I don't really have a bucket list or birthday list going these days, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lists and I love your lists!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...