Monday, June 10, 2013

Oh the weekend!

Hello there friends! Wait,  we are friends right? If not, let me know your price and I'll put a cheque into the mail for you ;)

I took zero pictures of our weekend, so you get words today. Lucky you! Friday night, Mr.D had a rugby related thing, so it was just Harley and I. I took him for a walk then did an Insanity workout. Later that night, I watched The Help for the second time. Love that movie and book!

Wait, I lied! A picture! Thank you Google!
Saturday morning, Mr.D and I went to a CrossFit class and then I took Harley for a walk. It was actually quite nice out surprisingly! In the afternoon, I ran some errands and Mr.D's parents came into town. His dad has a big truck, so we finally purchased the shed that Mr.D has been wanting from Costco for a couple of years. Now he has a fun project to do this summer :) That night, we went out for pizza to The Rock. If you haven't been there before, check it out....such good pizza.

Mr.D's parents went home on Sunday, so I did lots of cleaning, reading and working out.  I was also following along to see how our team from CrossFit Calgary was doing at the Canada West Regionals. They ended up finishing in third place ....such amazing athletes!

Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?

8 comments :

  1. I loved that book and movie too, took me a long time to convince Chad to watch it and he enjoyed it too when he finally did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolie and I watched that movie too! Should have gotten together!! Didn't know J was going out. Darn. We will have to try that pizza place! Yum. Nice work on getting the shed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to watch the help and I own it!! I don't know what I am waiting for! soo many people have said its good!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! You are getting in lots of strength training again now that the marathon is over. I recapped my weekend on the blog today too. It was pretty busy but really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the book after I saw the movie, and liked to book a lot more.

    I've been to The Rock once before. I liked it too. If I remember correctly they had a big drink menu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also loved that movie!

    Never heard of The Rock before. Will have to try it someday. J loves Famoso.

    I watched a Crossfit demo at the Calgary Marathon expo and it was pretty neat. Made me want to try it but also scared. Those weights look so heavy and would hurt if you dropped them on your foot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend! This post reminds me that I still need to watch the Help!! I really need to get a netflix membership so I have access to movies like that!

    Last weekend was a great weekend for me. It was so nice to be free from the stress and monotony of studying! And I had social plans for the first time in about 5 weeks, which made a big difference as I would usually cry when talking to my mom on Sundays due to the loneliness but last weekend I didn't! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...