Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Europe 2013: Paris

You can find my recaps for Wales and London here and here.
____________________________________________________

To get from London to Paris, we took the Eurostar chunnel train, which was very easy. If anyone ever plans on taking it, I would definitely recommend buying your tickets online ahead of time as it's usually cheaper and saves you time. Once we arrived in Paris, we quickly figured out the metro system and made our way to the apartment that we rented through airbnb. You can find the apartment that we stayed in here. We quickly got settled into the apartment and decided to take a nap. Best nap ever! After our nap, we headed out in search of some food and to meet up with the bike tour group. Lots of people recommended the evening tour through Fat Tire Bike Tours and it did not disappoint! 



First view of the Eiffel Tower is pretty amazing!

My sweet ride
Mr.D on his sweet ride
The name of my bike
The bike tour started at 7pm (you meet at the base of the Eiffel Tower) and you go to a bunch of different places in the city. Near the end of the tour, you get to take a river cruise (unlimited wine included!) and get to see the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night. Well worth the money! Oh and a word to the wise, do not volunteer to be the "ass man"...Mr.D and I agreed to be and it wasn't worth the free t-shirt as we missed out on most of the stuff the tour guide was telling the group.

The next day, we were up early and made our way to the Notre Dame to beat the line ups. Luckily, there was no wait at all so we got in right away. Best part of it? We stopped for the freshest and biggest croissants ever! After the Notre Dame, we headed to the Montparnasse Tower as we heard the views were incredible from it and it definitely did not disappoint! I think it was 12 Euros per person to go up and there was a quite a line when we were there.


In front of the Notre Dame
The view of the Eiffel Tower from the Montparnasse Tower

After the stop at the tower, we headed back to the apartment for a quick rest and then we were off to pick up some deli meat, buns, and wine for a picnic lunch. Paris has a really cool bike rental system, so we took advantage of it and rode to the Seine for our lunch. There was so much going on along the river, so it was fun to just sit, eat and people watch for a while. Best way to see different parts of the city!


With our bellies full, we headed back out on the bikes and rode to the Champs Elysee to see the Arc de Triomphe. There were so many people there, so we quickly snapped some pictures and headed out!




Since the weather was so nice and we had no other plans, we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon sitting by the Eiffel Tower reading our books and people watching. A great way to end our time in Paris!







Next up....Barcelona

12 comments :

  1. The bike tour sounds awesome. You got some amazing pictures! I LOVE that last one! Framer for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Paris!! Seeing all your pictures brings back so many great memories! We had a great bike tour also, with a different company though.

    Isn't their bike system amazing? I would love to ride a bike to work if I lived in Paris!

    Mmmm the croissants and other pastries were to die for. If I hadn't walked/biked around so much I'm sure I would have gained 10lbs there alone!

    My only complaint about Paris is that we went to too many museums. J didn't want to miss a thing!

    You got some great pictures at the Eiffel tower.

    I think I need to go through my pictures now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Paris so bad! It is on my list for sure. Your pictures are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this post makes me miss Paris and makes me so glad I am going back there in November. I am glad you enjoyed the Fat Tire Bike tour. I think it's a must for anyone visiting Paris! I did the evening tour on my first trip to Paris and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics, sounds like Paris was great! I love that you did your sight-seeing on bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Louvre??

    This post makes me miss Paris too! I WISH we'd done a bike tour there. We did one in Amsterdam and it was amazing and SO fun so I don't know why we never ended up doing one in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you were much classier than I was and actually brought glasses for your wine when you had your picnic...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh I want to go there sooooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great time in Paris! I loved that fat tire bike tour. Glad you guys were able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* Take me on your vacations with you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...