Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! How was your long weekend? The weather was beyond gorgeous here, so no complaints. Other than it's back to work today, which is never fun.

{friday} Mr.D and I headed to the mall to see if I could switch my shattered phone to Mr.D's old iphone and luckily they did it for free! So happy to have a normal screen again :) After the mall, we took Harley for a walk before the sun went down. Not enjoying that it's getting dark by 8:30pm now :(


{saturday} Mr.D had gone mountain biking for the day with a friend, so it was just Harley and I for the day. I went to CrossFit as our gym was hosting the Hot shots 19 memorial WOD and I wanted to attempt it. Let's just say that it was not my day at all! I managed to complete three rounds and felt like I was going to pass out and had zero energy. Even if I would have had the energy, this WOD was brutal! After the workout, I came home and took Harley for a walk. The rest of the day was spent hanging around the house reading and enjoying the day. 

Later that night, I met up with Erica and some of her friends for dinner at Craft. It was a fun night out!

{sunday} In the morning, I stopped by a co-worker's house to drop off some stuff and meet her new granddaughter. She was adorable :) After the visit, I stopped at Value Village and then headed home. Later that afternoon, Mr.D and I took Harley to the River Park dog park. We had never been to that area of the city, and it was pretty! Harley got to run in the water and chase after his ball, so he was a very happy dog!


One very happy and wet dog!
View from the dog park



{monday} In the morning, I went for a run and tried to beat the heat, but was unsuccessful. Combined with not running in three weeks and feeling out of shape, it was not a good run at all. Oh well. After my run, I ran some errands and then cleaned the house. Harley and I went to another dog park and he got to play in the river again. Lucky dog!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. Happy to have you posting again :)
    Sounds like a great weekend, as much as I love the extra summer/heat I am ready for a tad cooler weather. You know sun and like 20. Lol. The humidity kills me!
    Great, we had little plans and almost finished the nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Harley loved the river! Soo cute!!
    Glad you got your phone figured out!! Sounds like you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Harley is so cute! I bet he was happy to see you guys and spend the weekend with you!! Love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the crossfit box move next door? I noticed the sign on the next building over (and of course I noticed this while I was returning booze bottles...obviously not workout out!)

    Pup looks like he had fun! And that pic of you and the hub looks so good it almost looks superimposed! Must've been super bright out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! That picture of you and Mr. D looks like it has a fake background, it's that perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice weekend for hanging out! Looks like Harley was being spoiled after you guys were away for a few weeks!

    In no time you will be back up with your workouts. It's crazy how such a short time off can seem like eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I just love your darker, natural hair color. You look so beautiful! Granted, you looked great as a blond, too. It's just a fun change!

    My weekend was extremely relaxing. I read 2 books, got a massage, and spent time laying by the pool. It was just what I needed after an exhausting month of August.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a really great weekend as well. It was a good mix of relaxing and productive. On Saturday I slept in until 10 am and then spent the day doing some cleaning and organizing around the house. In the afternoon I got my hair done and that night Eric and I went for a fun date night. Sunday I spent most of the day running my race and then napping and Monday I did tons more cleaning and organizing!!

    I agree with Lisa - your hair looks awesome!! You should do a tutorial on curling hair haha. The hair dresser curled it when I got it cut on Saturday and I really want to start doing that more but I tried on Tuesday and really sucked at it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bad run is always better than no run, right?! :) Harley is so handsome, and you and your husband are too cute. Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...