Monday, September 30, 2013

Highlights of the weekend


Happy Monday everyone! This weekend just flew by and I'm not ready for Monday again.

{friday} I got home and took Harley for a long walk. The rest of the night was spent putting new music on my ipod and watching The Purge with Mr.D

{saturday} we were up bright and early for Melissa's Race, which took place in Banff. Full recap of the race coming tomorrow :) After our race, we drove back to Calgary. Friends from Edmonton were coming into town, so they arrived around 4pm. We hung out for a bit and then went out to dinner at Fergus & Bix. After dinner, we headed back to our house and had a bit of a late night. I'm not cut out for those anymore!

{sunday} after a big of a sleep in, we got up and made breakfast for everyone. Our friends all left around 12pm, so Mr.D and I quickly hopped back into bed for a nap. I spent the afternoon finishing the Sea of Tranquility {best book I've read in a while!}, getting some groceries, baking broccoli soup and banana muffins. 

A busy, but fun weekend!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! Can't wait to hear how Mr. D's race went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you race too???

    I need to make broccoli soup. This chilly weather is making me want soup. So does my sore throat :(

    I added that book to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks so good! YUM!! I was just looking for new books to read. Thanks for the recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to check that book out since you raved about it! My weekend was awesome. I did some shopping, a lot of hiking, and a lot of cleaning! So it was a good mix of having fun and being productive. And I made 2 delicious soups on Sunday so I have food for lunches and some in the freezer to thaw on weeks when I am gone over the weekend and don't have time to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My weekend was awesome!! We were out all weekend, and had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you loved Sea of Tranquility! I put a couple on my good reads list that you recommended. I haven't been reading much lately but I'll hopefully get to them soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...