Monday, October 21, 2013

A little randomness

We had a really quiet weekend with nothing to report, so you get a bunch of randomness today.
  • if you are a Canadian blogger, you have just under two weeks left to sign up to be part of the Christmas blogger swap. You can sign up here.
  • I haven't had much desire to read lately, but I finally found some books to spark my desire the other day. I finished Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. Both were really good!
  • I am toying with the idea of signing up for a CrossFit competition in the new year. Now I just need to find myself a partner. Anyone interested?!
  • there is no need to post a link to your post multiple times (more than five) in a day. If someone wants to read it, they will seek out your post.
  • less than a week until my birthday...do you have my present ready? ;)
  • I don't get why people brag about the drinking they do. Maybe it's because I'm not a big drinker, but we are not in high school/university anymore.
  • I have been looking for the perfect striped dress for a while and finally found one this weekend. Even better? It was only $11.99 at the Gap outlet. Score!
Tell me something random about your weekend or a thought floating around in your head.

10 comments :

  1. I've been thinking about Crossfit competition too, I just don't think I'm that level yet. If I was in Calgary I'd consider being your partner someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about Speak, though I haven't read it.

    Crossfit competitions always look so intense. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to remind people in my posts about the swap! So forgetful these days, sorry!
    You should do a comp!
    Good find on the dress, what colors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna see your dress! :) YAY for your birthday coming up!! Big plans? Totally do the competition!! I will come cheer you on! Wish I could be your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about the bloggers that post their link 5 times a day on twitter. Annoying

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a partner for Crossfit competitions? Hope you find one!

    I don't mind when someone mentions a good drink they have had recently, especially if I'm looking to try something new.

    That's great that you found a striped dress- what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the drinking thing too ... people are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok ok your gift is in the mail.... please tell everyone when it arrives! and take a picture of the one item with you in it! Happy birthday soon Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL....the binge drinking bragging doesn't impress this gal either (raised eyebrow). My birthday is soon as well! Happy Early Birthday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't get the "ICYMI" twitter posts w/ people's blog links multiple times a day. I never post my blog on twitter, though...

    Some randomness of my week was that I did a day trip to Columbus yesterday which made for a long day. On the flight back, there was a group of older women who were on their way to Vegas and they made sure the ENTIRE plane knew this. I was so tired and annoyed at this point, it was not humorous to me. At all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...