Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Checking things off the list

A couple months ago, I posted a list of 27 things that I wanted to accomplish before my 27th birthday which is quickly approaching {it's on the 26th just in case you want to buy me something pretty ;)}. Let's see what I've crossed off my list:

1. Run a marathon- ran the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon on May 26, 2013 
2. Go skating
3. Run a 5k in under 26 minutes
4. Donate to charity
5. Go snow shoeing
6. Buy a stranger coffee/lunch
7. Attempt mountain biking again
8. Travel to Europe - we traveled to Wales, London, Paris, Italy and Spain in August
 9. Give up Diet Coke for ten days
10. Save $1000
11. Volunteer at a race
12. Give my blog a makeover
13. Donate my hair to locks of love
14. Blog for one month straight
15. Disconnect from social media for a weekend
16. Take a work related course
17. Run a 15k race - I ran the MEC race in September. Race recap found here. 18. Figure out how to wear my hair naturally - I think I finally figured it out!


19. Reconnect with an old friend
20. Send a card to an unsuspecting friend
21. Deadlift over 200lbs
22. Read 75 books
23. Cycle from our house to Cochrane (including the HUGE hill) and back
24. Buy a meal from a food truck
25. Run my 9th half marathon - ran Melissa's road race as my 9th half marathon in September

26. Go garage sale-ing
27. Find the perfect pair of black boots

I think the biggest one that I accomplished was number 13!

Before
Before
After
After
 I've never had hair this short, but I am loving it so far!

18 comments :

  1. Looks great!!! That is quite the list, but you are off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So many of my friends are getting short hair cuts that look so cute it almost makes me want to chop my locks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they appreciated your donation.

    When I cut my hair short(ish) the thing I liked the most was that my blow drying time was cut in half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair!! Totally suits you! You are so brave. Did you go in with a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I want to chop my hair off (again). I really like short hair way more than long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you cut your hair!! When did you do that? It looks great!! Can you put it in a ponytail still? I bet it's going to be so easy for you now!

    Makes me want to cut my hair but I still need to put it in a ponytail. I'm thinking of the clavicut though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair looks FAB (saw the instagram this morning)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It looks so cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new hair! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks fantastic! I hope you keep loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks so so great like that! I have been considering chopping mine back into an inverted bob and now I'm thinking maybe I should also grow it out long enough to donate first!! Great job tackling things on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! And I love that you did a list :) I might have to do one too, although I'm less than a year from my 30th, maybe I'll make it my 30th year list? Very inspiring Leigh :) And your hair looks gorgeous :) Very brave of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic!.....what a wonderful thoughtful way to celebrate your upcoming 27th birthday...makes me proud to me your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you donated your hair to Locks of Love! What an amazing gift to be able to give someone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new do!!! it looks so great and it's such a rewarding feeling to donate hair, isn't it? Also, I think you can cross off sending a card to an unsuspecting friend as you sent one to me before the CFA and I did not expect it at all! It was a wonderful surprise. You also bought me a coffee since you included a SBUX giftcard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so cute. I love your hair BOTH ways. Funny you chopped it just before winter. I always do the same thing. How does Mr. D like it? I really like your #15 goal. And LOL to #9. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...