Monday, October 28, 2013

Highlights of the weekend: birthday special

First, thank you for all of your comments on Mr.D's birthday post yesterday. I love that he writes them for me and am starting to think he should start writing my blog! You can find his previous posts here, here and here.

Second, if you were wondering what the heck the title was about, it has to do with my MIL and her thinking I was turning 25 this year. How sweet of her ;)

Third, to those that asked or might be wondering what Mr.D was eluding to about the changes to come next year....no, I am not pregnant and that was not an announcement. One of the things that I asked Mr.D for was a blog make over. So that was the changes to come in the next little while :) Maybe it will be a pregnancy announcement next year :)

Onto the birthday weekend...

Friday night I took Harley for a walk and then we ran to the mall as I had to pick a couple things up. I also wanted to buy a new iphone, but was unable to because I just renewed my license and didn't bring my passport with me (you need a government issued id)

Saturday morning I went to a CrossFit class and got my butt kicked by OHS and rowing. After the workout, I met Mr.D for breakfast at Cora's and then I went to finally get a new phone. Lots of calls and discussion with Bell later, I was able to keep my plan and I was happy with that (the new plans suck big time!). After breakfast we ran to CrossIron Mills to exchange a few things. After the mall, we headed home and my in-laws came into town. They kindly took us out for dinner to The Keg and I was stuffed! 

Sunday when we got up the snow had already started. YUCK! After my in-laws left, I spent the morning doing laundry and cozying up with my book under my new super fuzzy blanket that Mr.D bought me. In the afternoon, I headed to Alison's house for her baby shower. So many yummy treats!

Overall, a great birthday weekend minus the snow of course. I was spoiled by Mr.D, my family and my friends. A great birthday indeed :)

12 comments :

  1. snow! wow! also, happiest of birthdays...sounds like a great weekened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a great birthday weekend! Minus the snow it sounds super lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend despite the snow!! Thanks again for coming yesterday! Yay for a new blog design and babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to see the new blog design! I keep meaning to get mine done after I switched hosts but never got around to it. glad you had a good birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see a new blog design! I'm due to redo mine again, I just dread it! Haha. It's a lot of work!! And yay for babies next year!! Sounds like a perfect weekend - minus the snow! Did it stick around?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had an excellent birthday! I can't believe it's already snowing there.... :0 It will definitely be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful birthday! I actually did not think that was your way of announcing you were pregnant but I was curious what you'd be changing up. A blog make over is a great gift idea! I am glad you had a special birthday weekend. Thumbs down to the snow, though. It's too early for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great weekend, despite the snow.

    I was totally hoping Mr. D was eluding to pregnancy. Darn! Blog make over should be fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the new blog, so excited for you! I'm glad you a wonderful birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brian - again I say what a great son in law you are.... you both make a great team.... happy life and happy post birthday Leigh... I've enjoyed reading all the
    updates from both of you. only wish you lived a little closer.
    See you in January!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great birthday! And yay for a new phone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what the blog looks like afterwards! I really need to do this but it's just so low on the to-do list.

    What iphone did you end up getting? I had to change my plan when I got my iphone and I was pretty mad. They said I wouldn't have to on the phone but when J went to the store to pick up the phone (long story, the account is under his name so I couldn't go alone) they told him I couldn't have the old plan anymore. My new plan is $20 more a month and sucks!

    Sounds like a great birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...