Monday, October 7, 2013

Highlights of the weekend

This weekend went by super quickly with my mom being here for a visit! Let's see what we got up to:
  • my mom flew in on Thursday night
  • Friday morning we went to Costco and then to CrossIron Mills for some shopping. After shopping, we stopped by Alison's house to meet Delainey. She was so tiny and adorable! 
  • Friday night we hung out at home, made burgers on the BBQ and watched The Heat. Pretty funny movie!
  • Saturday morning we were up bright and early so I could run the Harvest Half Marthon...race report coming tomorrow!
  • After the race, we made a pit stop at Value Village (it was really close to the race start) and found some great stuff. After treasure hunting, we headed back home to shower and take Harley for a walk. That night, we went to the movies to see Runner Runner. It was an okay movie, nothing to write home about.
  • Sunday morning was spent hanging out at home watching tv and relaxing. In the afternoon, we grabbed a late lunch and took Harley for a walk to an area near our house that I hadn't walked around before. It was actually quite nice!








Tell me: how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. Sounds like such a fun relaxing weekend! I didn't even realise Allison had her baby, heading to her blog now! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate going to Costco on the weekends so I always try and go on my Friday off (every other week). However, whenever I do need to go on the weekend, I make my husband go with me, and we definitely make a date out of it. I have such a love-hate relationship with Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good weekend! yay for meeting baby black : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice weekend with your mom! Sounds like the two of you like doing a lot of the same stuff which I'm sure makes hanging out that much more enjoyable! The area you walked looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous you live so close to Alison and got to see the babes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So envious of your occasional Friday off! Glad you had a nice visit with your mom.

    What did you find at VV? I don't usually have luck bargain shopping.

    I can't wait for Delainey snuggles! Darn cold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for the visit and flowers!! What did you find at vv? Glad you had a good time with your Mom. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so out of the loop on tv/movies that I haven't even heard of Runner Runner! But I have seen The Heat and thought it was pretty funny!

    I am so far behind on blog reading, so I have had 2 weekends since I read this post, but both were super awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...