Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sweaty Tuesday

Another week of workouts done! Let's see what I got up this past week:


10/14
  • 5km walk with Harley
  • at home WOD in our garage that I came up with:
40 double unders
40 burpees
40 single arm OHS
40 push ups
40 switch lunges
40 push jerks
40 kettle bell swings
40 double unders
 
10/15
  • 5.2km {5:26/km pace} run with Harley
10/16
  • CrossFit workout which was a strength focused one on push jerk
    • push jerk x3 {55/65/75/85/95lbs}
    • I really struggle with this movement, but with a little one on one help from one of the coaches, it finally all made sense in my head! Nothing beats that feeling.
10/17
  • 5.0km run {4:54/km pace}  run with Harley. I NEVER see average paces in the 4's, so I was stoked after this run! Everything just felt so good.
10/18
  • 5.0km walk with Harley
10/19
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout called "Lift up Luke" which was in support of autism research. The workout was:
As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
4 power cleans
24 double unders
10 pull ups
  • this workout was tougher than I thought it was going to be! 
10/20
  • 6.0 km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout of:
20 front squats (85lbs)
30 box jumps (24")
40 kettle bell swings (1 pood)
50 wall balls (10lbs)
 
Tell me: how was your week of workouts? Do you have any questions about any of the workouts I did?
 

8 comments :

  1. Nice job on all the workouts, especially the super speedy run! Last week I was recovering after Chicago so took almost the whole week off other than walks/hikes with Chloe and then went to yoga on Friday and Saturday. I have to say resting felt pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got your workout motivation back!! Look at those fast paces!

    My workouts this past week have been pretty tame since something had to give during my busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those WODs sound awesome!! Good week for you! We should meet you for a walk when I can start driving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome workouts!

    My dog would never make it for a 5k walk, lol. She's a short distance kind of gal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice workouts! One silly question, what is a pood? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspiring, reminding me to get off my butt more! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always impressed by all of the workouts you do! The crossfit ones are kind of greek to me. I would like to give cross fit a try sometime, but don't know if that is very realistic as any weight lifting seems so far off for me since my hand and elbow joints are still messed up right now. :/ I am sticking to biking and some elliptical workouts right now, but am going to try a spin class this weekend so hopefully that goes well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...