Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A quick and easy DIY Christmas project


On the weekend, Mr.D was out of town so I had some spare time to myself. I was at Wal-Mart and saw some wooden letters on sale, so I quickly knew what I wanted to do with them.

Items
  • wooden letters (mine were 65 cents per letter)
  • paint
  • glitter
  • paint brush
  • floral wire
  • mod podge
Steps
  1. paint your letters in your choice of paint colour.
  2. after applying the second coat of paint, sprinkle the glitter all over the letters.
  3. once the paint and glitter has dried, apply a thin of coat of mod podge. I found this helped to keep the glitter on and not fall off every time I moved the letters.
  4. Using a drill and small drill bit, drill holes into your letters to join them together with the floral wire.
  5. Hang up and enjoy :)
 


Tell me: have you done any easy or Christmas DIY projects?

8 comments :

  1. love that little gallery wall! And the Christmas décor is perfect in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! Love them. You are already thinking Christmas - I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and easy! I love your gallery wall. I am working on one in the new apartment! They are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super cute! I love your picture wall too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute! I like it! We are doing our Christmas decorations NEXT weekend I think (yahoo!) so I might just have to do something like this. I like the idea of having it hanging right when you walk in the door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it! I think I'm going to have to try making one for our place, Christmas crafts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!! I need to do a photo wall like that and I like that you can change out seasonal pieces like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that turned out great! I can't believe it's already Christmas season - feels too early! I have not done any DIY projects as I am pretty much the least crafty person EVER!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...