Thursday, November 28, 2013

Wanted: a marathon training partner

After seeing on Twitter that Lindsey signed up for the half marathon and Danielle for the 10k at the Calgary Marathon, I decided to stop procrastinating and sign up! I am officially running the marathon again on June 1, 2014. 

As you know, I trained and ran with my friend Erica. I loved the experience and am still working on convincing her to run it again, but not sure if I will be successful. Erica, if you are reading- you know you want to train and run it with me!! 

Erica & I coming into the home stretch
That being said, I am searching for a new training partner. It's not easy to find someone that you would want to spend that much time training with and that runs the same pace as you. I am hoping to take time off my next marathon and would love to PR. It doesn't matter what part of the city they are in as I would be willing to drive south for new running routes. So, if anyone knows a friendly, out-going runner that would be interested in training with me (goal time would be around 4:15), let me know! 

I also put my name in to share my journey to the starting line. Fingers crossed they choose me! 


13 comments :

  1. Good for you!! I wish I had the desire to run this far. But don't. :( but I'll cheer you on and go for ice cream with you when you crave it?! And I can do short runs with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Vancouver is too far for you to drive, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ran anywhere near your pace, I'd so be in. I'm not running Calgary, since I will be on a plane the whole day June 1, but I am planning to run Banff Marathon on June 22. Hopefully you can find someone. I know alot of people are planning to do the full just because its the 50th. and if you ever want to run slow - I can maybe jump in on a couple of runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning/hoping/ to run Calgary. Like Cori, if you want to run slow on a day I feel like running fast, I'd be delighted to give you a tour of Fish Creek. Maybe I can keep up on my bike. And then, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to pick you out during a race so I can say something and shake my cowbell at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not it!! Hope you find someone to run with! I wouldn't want to train for a full by myself. I would like to sign up for the 5 or 10K for that race but I'm trying to be realistic about how much time I will actually be able to devote to running with 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! I look forward to hear how your marathon training is going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting!! I know it didn't work out for you and my friend Robyn to run together last year but she ran Vancouver in 4:16 so would be the perfect paced training partner for you. I know she does a lot of her long runs on random weeknights after work though because she keeps quite a busy social life on the weekends. I did just text her asking her if she's planning on running it though and if yes I'll tell her to message you on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Why don't you also check out a Running Room group??? I met a lot of my current running friends through the Running Room including my friend Carmine who I did almost ALL my 50km training with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always looking for a running partner. It is so difficult to find someone who has the same goals and the same pace. Good luck!

    lightandliveliness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could only WISH a 415!! 430 dream. 450 more the reality. ALSO!! we will have a running group at strides on wednesdays training and some Saturday longer runs. RR will too. :-) I sure hope i can find someone my pace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping you find the perfect partner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would run with you if I lived closer, but SF is a little far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! I hope you find a training partner - it makes as huge difference to run with someone else!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...