Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Workout Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! Last week was another busy week with traveling for work and not being home. I still managed to fit in a couple of workouts. So ready to get back on track with my working out, running and eating. Feeling kind of heavy right now and not liking it!

11/18
  • rest day as I was traveling for work and got in later
11/19
  • HIIT class at Blitz Conditioning in Edmonton. I contacted Chris on Twitter, and he invited me to try a class for free. I ended up walking there as it wasn't too far from my hotel and gave me a chance to get even more exercise in. I decided to try the HIIT class, which was a mix of body weight exercises and some with a weight. For being 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off for most of the exercises, I worked up quite the sweat and worked a lot of different muscles! It was fun to try something new.
11/20
  • Tabata workout in my hotel room. Another great option if you don't have access to a gym. All you need is your body and a timer. I found a free app called Round Timer, which works perfectly. I did sit ups, burpees, forward alternating lunges and side dips. 
11/21
  • another rest day due to not getting home until 9:45pm
11/22
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
11/23
  • birthday WOD with Mr.D and some friends. We did:
21, 15, 9 reps of:
Overhead squats with 55lbs
Burpees
  • a lung burner for only being 6 minutes long!
11/24
  • another rest day as I was super tired!
Last week, Courteney left a comment asking what hand release push ups are. I made a quick video demonstrating them from your knees and from your toes. Your hands don't have to come off the ground very far in the bottom either. Hopefully that helps explain them!


4 comments :

  1. Nice work on still getting some great workouts in while traveling. That is tough to do. I have been traveling a lot this month, and will travel a lot in December as well and it really throws things off since my workouts are different and my eating is different, too. I am good about working out in the morning before work as long as I don't have late work dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the video....now another rookie question....what different muscles do these work different than ordinary pushups? I haven't tried them yet but totally intend to do so in my next workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool video!! The HIIT class sounds pretty neat! Glad you were able to find something different to try while you were out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fun that you went to a HIIT class. I have a friend who works there! Good work for a week on the road!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...