Monday, December 23, 2013

Best of 2013

The past couple of years I have done a year in review post (2011part one and part two/  2012 part one and part two), but decided to switch it up this year. I decided to do a post with the best of theme for 2013.

Best book read

This is a tough one for me! Goodreads sent me an email the other day that I had read 119 books in 2013....that's crazy! Some were definitely better than others. Top of my list would have to be:
Best hair cut 

It would definitely have to be when I chopped my hair off in October! So worth losing all of that hair for.

Best race

I ran six races this year, but nothing compares to crossing the finish line of your first full marathon! A lot of training and time went into this race, and I was so happy to have completed it.


 
Best place traveled to

Ooh, this a tough one! I was a very lucky girl in 2013 and got to travel to: Ireland, Wales, England, France, Italy and Spain. I loved everywhere we went, but Positano and Barcelona will always hold a special place in my heart.





Best post

Nothing I write will ever compare to the birthday posts that Mr.D does for me each year. You can find his birthday post from 2013 here.

Tell me: what was one of your favorite moments of 2013?

8 comments :

  1. Wow, 119 books? That is crazy!!! I knew you read alot but I did not realize you read THAT much! I am impressed by all you fit in as you work out so much, too! Well done. I will read around 76 books this year, but that is high for me as I usually read around 52.

    It's not hard to select a best moment of 2013 - it was definitely finding out I passed the CFA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 119 books? Oh my! You must spend a lot of time reading. I absolutely love Jodi Picoult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Lisa said, I did not realize you read that much! 119 books is amazing, I think I read like 30 and I was happy with that because it meant I averaged more than 2 a month! I will have to check out some of your best of books that you listed above!

    2013 was a crazy year for me - lots of stuff happened and I had LOTS of ups and downs. Best moments probably were finishing my 50 km race and seeing my best friend get married in August. Followed closely by our relaxing vacation to Mexico back in February! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of reading!

    My best moments were running Boston and scoring a 1:37 half PB at the Blue Nose in May. :D I've not come close to that time since, lol.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read all those books!!! I probably read 15 and most were baby ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a lot, but not that much! That is great.

    What a great year for you! So much traveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute hair!! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey... I just read The Storyteller a few weeks ago. Good book. One goal is to read more books in 2014. I didn't do so well in 2013. I read stuff all day for work and sometimes (okay often) I just want to veg out in front of the television. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...