Monday, December 9, 2013

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! For those of you in Alberta, did you manage to stay warm? Fingers crossed these freezing temperatures go away or give us a break soon.

{friday} Mr.D's work organized a group of tickets for the Flames game, so we decided to buy some. I have never been to a Flames game since we've lived in Calgary, so it was fun to experience. Our seats weren't the greatest, but it will still a fun night :)

{saturday} we were up early to pack our bags and head to Edmonton for our niece's birthday party. We spent the afternoon at the party and then helped to clean up. After the party, we headed back to my in-laws house to take Harley for a walk. He had been cooped up all last week because of the frigid temperatures, so he was running around like crazy in the snow! After our walk, we went out to grab some dinner and then spent the night in front of the fire and watched a movie.

{sunday} Mr.D headed back to Calgary, but I have to be in Edmonton for work, so I stayed the night at my in-laws. My MIL and I ran some errands in the afternoon and then I made dinner for my in-laws. The rest of the night was spent watching tv, blogging and hanging out in front of the fire :)

Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. I work most of the weekend! Friday night and all day Sunday but it wasn't too busy. Saturday I ran & we went out for dinner and shopping in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So flippin' cold this weekend, even yesterday seemed warm compared to Friday and Saturday! I had a good weekend, ran errands solo Saturday and yesterday we went to a baby shower and bday party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flames games are always fun, even if you have a seat in the back. I haven't been to a Flames game yet this season, but it'll happen at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brrr can't believe the cold snap there hasn't broke yet! Stay warm!!
    Live hockey games are soo much better than on TV!
    Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flames games area always fun. Please tell me you had a malt ice cream? If not you will have to go back. Sounds like a good weekend! Despite all this crazy snow!! Geeze! Hope work is ok in Edmonton and you make it home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had frigid temperatures last week/weekend too (though of course not as cold as you guys!) but it's starting to warm up this week thank goodness. Because of the cold temps I spent a lot of time inside this past weekend but I did manage to get two runs in and it wasn't too bad once I was all bundled up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have been spending lots of time in Edmonton between work and in-laws! How nice of you to make dinner for the in-laws! I wouldn't subject mine to my cooking...

    Flames games are fun. Jarrett gets tickets from work so hopefully I can go with him to one this month. Not sure my jersey will fit though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're staying warm Leigh! We ran the Santa Shuffle here in Nova Scotia. I had crazy fun! I also went to a cookie exchange the night before so I was well 'carbo-loaded' LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My weekend was great, but sooooooo cold! it is -45 hear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to really think about where I was last weekend - it seems like so long ago after a long week that included a business trip! I was in Charlotte last weekend and spent a lot of the weekend getting ready for my trip home for Christmas. I wrapped some gifts, got things ready to ship off to family in other areas of the country, and tried to get my place tidied up so I can come back to a clean apt when I come back from my trip home! Sounds like you had a good weekend. That is great that you got to be at your niece's birthday party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...