Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Workout Tuesday

Another week of workouts done! Let's see what I was up to last week:

11/25
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
  • Crossfit workout of:
1000m row
50 wall balls (10lbs)
100 KB swings (.7pood)
50 wall balls
1000m row
  • this was a tough workout! I finished in just over 24 minutes
11/26
  • 5.3km run with Harley
11/27
  • I took the day off of work because I wasn't feeling well, so I took a rest day
11/28
  • 5.27km {5:30/km pace} run with Harley
  • at home tabata workout of:
Russian twists
Kettlebell swings
Tick tocks
Clean and jerk (single arm with 10lbs)
Planks
Single leg deadlifts

11/29
  • rest day
11/30
  • 8.73km {5:16/km pace} run with Harley. It was a gorgeous afternoon for it!
12/1
  • 4.75km walk with Harley
  •  another at home tabata workout of:
Snatch
Single leg deadlift to shoulder press
Downward dog abs
Burpee to shoulder press
Russian Twists
For tabata workouts, there are 8 rounds of each exercise. Each round is 20 seconds on with a 10 second rest. So, you would do 8 rounds of snatch, then 8 rounds of single leg deadlift to shoulder press, etc.
I've included a short video of the exercises below as it's easier to demo the movements then try and explain them. Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions about the exercises.

Tell me: how was your week of workouts?

7 comments :

  1. Looks like a fun workout! I did a tabata workout last week from the fitnessista. I like how they get your heart rate up quick, but keep you from getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might be stealing some of your at home work outs, since I can't seem to get my butt in gear to run outside lately! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tabatas sound awesome! I like the video, I haven't seen those downward abs before! I think I'll add it to my workout today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make those moves look easy! My body hurts just watching that video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great workout! I actually have never done an official tabata workout but I did download the tabata timer for my phone as I think some of the workouts in the Holiday Shred are going to be tabata workouts. I am definitely starting to enjoy and look forward to my strength training workouts now that I'm doing them all at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fit in a couple of workouts before leaving for Paris but then the extent of my workouts after that was walking around Paris. Which probably did not offset all the macarons I ate, but oh well. I will work the weight off this month. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...