Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A belated weekend recap

Have you ever had one of those weekends that you wish didn't have to end? That was the kind of weekend I had. On Friday night, my mom, younger brother R and his girlfriend C flew into Calgary to spend three days with us. I haven't spent much time with R since I moved to Alberta, so it was really nice to see him and meet his girlfriend.

On Saturday morning we decided to brave the weather (they were predicting 10-20cm of snow for Banff and area) and head to Banff. We decided to go to Lake Louise first, but the roads got really bad, so we turned around and headed to Banff. We lucked out and there was a block party going on as an send off for the Canadian Olympic athletes. They had the main street blocked off with lots of booths set up and a free concert by The Arkells and The Sheep Dogs. It ended up being a fun afternoon!





After hanging around downtown for the afternoon, we made our way to the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort. We had rented a two bedroom condo for the night, which worked out really well. After hanging out for a bit, we headed out to the Banff hot springs. I hadn't been in almost 5 years, so it was fun to go again. After a dip in the hot springs, we picked up some pizza and headed back to the condo. We spent the night watching a movie and playing cards. Perfect Saturday night!

On Sunday morning, the weather cleared up so we headed out to show them Lake Louise. After a quick tour, we drove to Canmore to look around and for some lunch. After lunch, we headed home to spend the night watching another movie and playing more cards. 





The weather was crappy again on Monday, which wrecked my plans. I was going to take them up the Calgary tower, but that went out the window with the snow storm. We decided to spend the morning hanging out at home before venturing downtown and then heading to CrossIron Mills. 



 


14 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great visit!! Love all the photos. I know that kind of weekend. Wish they lived closer for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Sheepdogs when they opened for Kings of Leon a couple years ago and really liked them. They put on a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great visit with your family!! Sounds like a weekend jam packed with fun, except for the bad roads - I'm not a fan! Haha. That picture you posted did not look fun to drive through!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! Glad you got to spend some time with family and the weather didn't mess with your plans too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a good visit with your family! That's why you were downtown! I couldn't figure out why you were randomly downtown on a crappy Monday! Playing tour guide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you guys made the best of the weekend despite this crazy weather! Glad you got to enjoy it with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took some beautiful photos! I am glad you had a great weekend, even though the weather did not quite cooperate! I have never been to Banff, but would love to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so awesome! I haven't been to the mountains in a while and now I really want to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pictures! When I read you were going to Banff last week, I thought for sure you were going for the block party! Ha ha I was jealous. Sounds like you had a great weekend. So nice to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your pictures are amazing! It DOES sound like you had the perfect evening. Now I want pizza....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve nominated & tagged you for the Liebster award!
    The questions & rules are on my blog if your interested!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit :)
    Love the photos however, as much as I love the photos I can truly say I do not wanna be there! I am just not cut out to be a winter baby sadly :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...