Monday, January 6, 2014

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! First full week of work in a while and not looking forward to it. Good thing I have next Monday and Tuesday off because my mom, brother and his girlfriend are coming for a visit :)

Let's see what I got up to this weekend:
  • took Harley for a snowy run on Friday night. Mr.D was gone skiing with a friend, so it was Harley and I. After our run, I read my book and watched some tv.
  • Saturday was a pretty lazy day as I had to be home all day. The Shaw guy came to hook up our new Shaw gateway and portal that we bought on boxing day. Then our kitchen table was delivered in the afternoon. That night, I put together the six chairs (who needs a man, haha) and then when Mr.D got home, we put the table together. Full update of our kitchen coming later this week :)
  • Sunday morning I went to get some groceries and then started dinner in the crockpot. I really need to use it more as it's so easy! The rest of the day was spent taking Harley for a run, warming up on the couch in my flannel pj's and watching tv.
Table waiting to be set up

It was colder than that when we left!


 Tell me: how was your weekend?

11 comments :

  1. Love the snowy eye lashes!! Can't wait to see the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you going for a run in that cold! I was way too big of a wimp :)
    Can't wait to see the table

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your new table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooooo cold! when I was back east it was pretty cold, not -15, but -2 hahaha. Happy to be back in LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic looks super hard core...way to go!

    I love curling up on the couch on the weekends. It's usually in sweats or PJs with a fuzzy blanket...lol.

    I can't wait to see the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is a Shaw gateway and portal?

    Can't wait to see pics of your DR table. Although it brings back memories of assembling mine - which was SO much work (and something I did 100% on my own which I am kind of proud of).

    My weekend was pretty low key. I had social plans on Friday night, a massage Sat afternoon, and met a co-worker for coffee after that. Besides that I did a lot of reading and a little bit of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyelashes are CRAZY in that picture!!! I can't fathom that kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice eye lashes! Ha ha mine were the same yesterday! My weekend was good. Got some short runs in and went to hear some live music!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see your new table! Our table is about 6 years old now and we are hoping to get a new one in the next couple of years. You know you're an adult when you get excited about seeing other people's furniture - a grown up version of toys. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow a new table ... just for us... going to miss the midget table... so many memories

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are staying warm!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...