Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Home tour: kitchen/dining room update

Back when we first moved into our house, I did a tour of our new place. You can find that post here and here.Since that time, we've made a bunch of changes to the house, but I thought I'd show you the updates that we did to the kitchen/dining room.

Here is the before:





And the after:







I forgot to take a shot of the whole kitchen, but just use your imagination with the colour ;) The new colour is called dusty olive from Behr. I just randomly chose it when I went in to get some samples and love how it turned out! It is one of those colours that definitely changes in the different lights as sometimes it looks much darker or much lighter. 

We also FINALLY bought a new dinning room table (we had our second hand IKEA table for over 5 years! We got the $40 out of it that we paid for it), put up new curtains from Winners and hung the "eat" sign that I found at Target.

Overall, I am pretty happy with how it turned out! And now we can actually have more than two people over for dinner as we have 6 chairs and a table with a leaf. This is big people! :)

15 comments :

  1. Wow!! Looks great!! I love the table!! And I love the Eat too. I almost bought it but we already had a Eat sign and that would just be too much eat!! The color looks awesome too. Can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great in there! I love your new table. We have been searching for one for while now. I fee like it has been an impossible task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome!! Love the new table!! It changes the whole look of the room!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! Looks so good now. We have the same small table and have also outgrown it but haven't been able to find a new one. The wall colour looks great! I should have had you randomly choose our paint colour!

    I love the glass window above your doors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the color of the walls different from the before/after? They look really similar. Like, maybe the after is a darker olive? It's hard to tell. Either way, the decorations are super cute! I could probably fit my whole house in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shade of color and the EAT sign...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! I was waiting for this post, love the table and EAT sign too! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your new table! Looks amazing! Is the floor different too or is that just the light?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! The before and after pictures are awesome. The new space looks so great and I love your DR table! I love that eat sign, too! Now if only I lived closed enough to come over for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your table! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice decorating :) That table is amazing! I think you made a great choice with the dusty olive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I love the table. I'm a sucker for that dark coloured furniture

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great Leigh! I love your new table!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...