Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I am a ForeRunner




Back in November, the Calgary Marathon put the call out for all enthuastic, social-media savy runners who wanted to share their journey to the starting line. This race holds a special place in my running history, so I threw my name in the ring and hoped for the best! A few weeks ago, I found out that I had been chosen to be a ForeRunner. 

What is a ForeRunner you might ask? It is a person or thing that precedes the coming or development of someone or something else....leading the way to victory! I am excited to share my journey and training with everyone as I work towards my second full marathon. 


Besides myself, there are ten other ForeRunners. Find their names and links to their blogs below:

If you'd love to learn more about the ForeRunners, please go here. You can also come out to the route reveal event on January 15, 2014 from 5-7pm at Eau Claire. The reveal will take place at 5:45pm and there will be Calgary Marathon merchandise for sale. 

Don't want to run a full marathon? Don't fret, there are lots of race options from a kids marathon to 5K to 10K to half marathon to 50K! You can find all of the race information here.

Hope to see you on the pathways or at the starting line!

14 comments :

  1. Congrats Leigh! It's going to be great running with so many friends. I'll see you at the route reveal, I'm curious to find out what we're in for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! IT will be fun to meet everyone at the reveal and SEE so many of our runner pals. And sort of freak out at the what we are about to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to be joining such an amazing group of runners! I look forward to meeting you in June.

    PS I love your dog! I also have a chocolate lab, but he is lazy and does not run LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, that is so exciting! I can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing news...you must have been bouncing off the walls when you found out. Can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaa! Congrats Leigh! That's so exciting!

    Also I have followed Crystal Rhyno on Twitter forever but had no idea she had a blog! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! What an awesome opportunity for you. You are so positive and inspiring, I can see why they picked you. Can't wait to follow along as you train for and run your next marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to do my 3rd full marathon this year. I don't know if I have it in me to run that long again, but we'll see. I wanna hear all about your training!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Leigh!! So exciting! Can't wait to follow your journey again. Glad it's you and not me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm excited to get to know you more through your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...