Monday, January 20, 2014

Our weekend and an award

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. My weekend was pretty quiet as Mr.D had gone home on Thursday to be with his family. His grandpa was not doing well and unfortunately passed away on Friday night :( Never easy to lose a loved one, but he lived an amazing 98 years! 

Mr.D didn't get home until Saturday night, so I took Harley for a walk on Friday night and then just hung out at home. On Saturday the sun was shining and we reached a beautiful 10C out! I took advantage of the weather and went for a run along the river with Harley. After our run, the afternoon was spent on the couch watching a girly movie. Sometimes you just need that! 


Amie tagged me in the Liebster award yesterday, so I thought I would play along. Here are the rules:

For those who are unaware what the Liebster award is, it’s an award to help promote new bloggers. The word Liebster is German and has a few different meanings like dearest, lovely, and valued.
There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
  • Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
  • Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions that Amie asked with my answers:

1. What is your favorite Holiday?
I can't say that there is one holiday that I go crazy over. I like having the time to spend with our family, but not the pressure of buying lots of gifts, etc because the holiday "says" you have to.
 
2. Name your top 3 favorite vegetables.
Broccoli, asparagus and lately brussel sprouts (VERY surprised I do!)
 
3. Favorite Musician? Have yous seen them in concert?
I haven't been into music that much lately. I listen to top 40 stuff when I am running and then usually CBC when I drive to and from work. I have seen City and Colour, Rise Against, The Black Keys, Sense Fail, Coheed & Cambria and Britney Spears all in concert though.

4. What made you start blogging?
I started shortly before our wedding to share how our planning was coming along. I started blogging a lot more after the wedding and it's evolved to include my love of: crossfit, running, reading, etc.

5. Cat person? Dog person? No animal person?
Definitely not a cat person! Never have been and doubt I ever will be. Dogs rule!
 
6. If you could change one thing about the place/city you live, what would it be?
My family would be closer. Otherwise I love Calgary!
 
7. What do you love most about the place/city you live?
The views of the mountains from many parts of the city, how close it is to get to the mountains, lots of stuff going on, and the awesome running paths/community.
 
8. Share a vivid childhood memory.
Visiting my grandpa's cabin (my dad's dad) and we had some kind of dessert with coloured marshmellows in it. Not sure if it was the marshmellows or if I was just sick, but let's say that I can never eat those again. 
 
9. What is your favorite form of exercise? What is your least favorite?
Favorite would be either CrossFit or running. Least favorite would be zumba or a step class. I am so uncoordinated! 

10. Favorite Color?
Green.
 
11. Do you like your water plain, flavored, or carbonated?
I would say plain. I don't mind flavoring even now and then, but prefer plain. And must be cold. Not room temperature.

I had zero creativity last night when typing this up, so everyone play long with Amie's questions :)

6 comments :

  1. Sorry to hear about Mr.D's grandpa! You are right though 98 is awesome!
    I love this warmer weather :) Hoping it stays, no more -40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry again about Grampa. :( I love Brussels sprouts. My fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sorry to hear about Mr. D's grandpa :( ((hugs))

    Congrats on the nom! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Mr. D's grandpa :(

    I LOVE brussel sprouts. Favourite veggie by far. I make a giant pan of roasted brussel sprouts every weekend and then eat them all week long for lunches and dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Mr. D's grandpa. I am glad he made it home in time to see him before he passed, though... He definitely lived a long life! Impressive!

    I also love brussel spouts. Yum! I need to get some this weekend to roast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about B's grandpa. Always sad to lose a family member.

    I'm also super uncoordinated. I can't do aerobics or step classes for fear of falling flat on my face!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...