Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Training Tuesday

Last week was not a great week for workouts. With my family in town and then some plans on the other nights, my workouts were slacking. The highlight of my week related to working out was attending the route reveal of the Calgary Marathon. It was fun to see the route that we will be running and to meet some of the other runners. Onward and upward from here! 


01/13
  • rest
01/14
  • rest
01/15
  • 4km walk with Harley
01/16
  • 5.37km (6:12/km pace) run with Harley. It was so slippery and icy out that we walked a lot to avoid falling
01/17
  •  4.2km walk with Harley
01/18
  • 12.25km (5:16/km pace) run with Harley along the river. The weather was so gorgeous out that I ran in a tank top. One of those runs that everything felt great minus the wind on the way back. 
01/19
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout out:
Every minute on the minute of:
15 ketttle bell swings (used 1 pood)
45 double unders

  • this was a TOUGH workout! 
Overall, not my best week of workouts, but oh well. Things are going to start ramping up with marathon training starting soon.

Tell me: how was your week of workouts?

10 comments :

  1. I like to remind myself that any work out is better than no workout. Sometimes I get down on myself for only running 3 miles or only going to the gym for 45 minutes, but it's ALWAYS better than not doing anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's pretty good considering you had family visiting and were busy with them! It's been really super icy on the sidewalks/paths/trails here too which makes running really hard! I have been mixing up my workouts a lot lately between running, yoga and strength and it's been keeping me feeling awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to try CF for the first time today but decided I'm going to wait until they have a beginners class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe its just a mental thing, but whenever I have a slack week of work outs, my long run is always really strong on the weekend. Probably the built up energy!

    I got a lot of running and core work in last week. I have a 15k coming up this weekend so it was my last week or hard work before tapering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good week despite family being there! That CF workout sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool photo!!

    Not a bad workout week considering how busy you were playing tour guide!

    I'm done with this ice. It's so dangerous!

    Nice run in a tank top! Only Calgary...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was still a good week for you despite not getting in as many workouts as usual or as many as you'd like. Sometimes life just gets in the way! My workouts last week were so so. I was traveling so switched things up. I worked out 3 of the 4 days that I was gone so feel good about that, they just weren't as high of quality of workouts as I would usually like. But better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was certainly my least favourite week in workouts so far....lol. I've been battling a cold and on Friday I bashed my left knee in the side of my steel door....OUCH! It still hurts and causes pain when I run downhill!!!! :0 I'm looking into it and hoping it doesn't sideline my Boston training.

    I get super excited to preview the marathon routes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how fast the dog walks add up, right?!
    I think kettle bell swings may be my top strength workout.
    This week of workouts has consisted mostly of strength work and walking on the treadmill, trying to invite the baby to arrive lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? we caused you not to work out... doesn't playing cards and walking to the fridge count? Have a great workout this week.
    Miss you all - especially Harley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...