Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday


ONE
Did I mention how glad I am that it's Friday?! So ready for the weekend.

TWO
Did I also mention that I busted our oven on the weekend? I had just put a coffee cake in the oven and hear this weird sound followed by a poof of smoke. The oven then went into power failure mode and then started beeping non-stop. So, I turned the breaker off/on and waited for Mr.D to get home. Luckily, we could pick up the part from a store nearby and Mr.D could replace it. I was really not looking forward to spending the money on a new one!

THREE
I had a kick a** run last night! One of those runs were everything felt right and the speed just came. 

FOUR
I hate you mother nature! Just when I was getting used to the nicer weather and not having to wear multiple layers, you go bringing cold weather back to us. Not looking forward to my 24km run this weekend.

FIVE
Someone posted a picture of a cookie on Instagram, which made me have a hankering for cookies. Is there anything better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven?!

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments :

  1. A warm cookie straight from the oven, brought to you with a glass of milk, while you sit there with a purring cat in your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend yourself. I love when a run just seems perfect...it's the kind where you don't want to stop!!! Tackle your long run and push those limits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want a cookie... lol, thanks! Have a great run this weekend, hopefully the sun comes out for you and it is not too cold. I had a great run last Sunday but this week they've been blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Crossing my fingers that the snow stays away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are my favourite dessert :-) Glad you had a great run! Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your run! I saw it on DM...nice pace :D

    Have an awesome weekend!
    P.S. I am not Mother Nature's biggest fan either these days....grr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the oven can easily be fixed! My friend's oven started randomly turning on but turns out it was recalled so she doesn't have to buy a new one!

    Mmmm cookies!!

    It's pretty rude of MN to bring back the cold for the weekend. We thought about going to the Zoo or Banff but we will probably just stay at home now. Maybe make cookies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad Mr. D was able to fix the oven! It would have sucked to have to replace it!

    That sucks that mother nature is rearing her ugly head again. I am glad you got some good runs in this week. I don't want to rub it in, but the weather here has been gorgeous this week. Which is good because I am having a very hard time living here right now, even though the end might be soon, so the warmer temps help provide something positive for me to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel, I felt the same way about the weather this weekend!! Glad you were able to fix your oven, yum cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt the exact same way about the weather this weekend!! Enough already. Glad you were able to fix your oven, and yum cookies!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...