Monday, February 10, 2014

Highlights of the weekend

Before I get into talking about my weekend, I just want to say congratulations to Nicole who welcomed her little guy Leo into the world last week. Make sure you stop by and say congratulations! 

This weekend was very quiet in our household. Both of us are still getting over colds, so having zero plans was perfect. Not to mention that it's been freezing cold here, so leaving the house hasn't been very appealing. 

{friday} I took Harley for a short walk in the cold after work and then Mr.D and I ran out to pick up some stuff to make sugar cookies. The rest of the night was spent on the couch watching Friday Night Lights. That show has us seriously hooked!

{saturday} I was going to head out for my long run in the morning, but decided to put it off until Sunday. I made the dough for the cookies and then we headed out for some lunch and to run some errands. The rest of the afternoon was spent baking and decorating the cookies. 


{sunday} I got up around 9am and waited out the temperature to go for my run...there was no way I was going to run 16kms when it was -23C!! We spent the morning watching Inception and more episodes of FNLs. It finally "warmed" up a bit, so I headed out for my run around 12:30pm. After my run, I had a hot bath to warm up and then did stuff around the house.

A pretty quiet weekend, but it was kind of nice to have zero plans!

Tell me: how was your weekend? Was the weather frigid where you live too?

11 comments :

  1. Not going to lie, I'm jealous of your weekend! Sounds perfect. I planned to make cookies for Valentine's but this week got too busy already, so not sure it'll happen. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekend was pretty status quo. I worked both days. My highlight was ... um watching the Beatles special on Sunday night. A tad boring, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use a box mix for the cookies? If not what is your recipe? I've never made sugar cookies! They look yummy!!
    Sounds like a great weekend, minus the cold of course! It can warm up here any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look so tasty! Do you guys not have Family Day today?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather hasn't been as cold here as it is for you but still much colder than what we're used to! It was so nice to go down to Vancouver for a bit where it was a balmy 1 C! I was walking around with my coat undone and no mittens on at all -- though I could tell all the locals were cold because they were super bundled up.

    Today is our Family Day (so weird that it's different than the rest of Canada) so I'm going to try and be productive, do laundry, meal plan, go to yoga, workout etc. That was after sleeping in though of course. Can't waste a day off on getting up early :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome and relaxing weekend! It has been ridiculously cold here this weekend too, down to -30! Its supposed to warm up this week though, hopefully the same for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been lucky here in NS...as it warmed up to -6/7 on the weekend. Without the breeze, the sun was actually nice. It was a nice low-key weekend as well with only a couple group runs planned and catching up on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hard core! I refuse to run outside when it's colder than -10! The past couple weeks have been brutal! I'm looking forward to a little warmth. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies turned out so good!! Yikes it was so cold to run! Good on ya. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!! Your weather is killing me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend with the exception of the super cold weather. Burr. I am glad the temps warmed up a bit for your long run, though.

    I was in Austin this weekend and the weather was gorgeous! I am back in Charlotte now and we are getting a snow/ice mix so the city will be a total mess this week. I am glad I have a walking commute to work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...