Monday, February 24, 2014

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! I said to yesterday Mr.D yesterday that I wished it was only Saturday and I could have one more day. Wouldn't it be sweet to be so rich that you didn't have to work? Oh man, that would be glorious. 

{friday} the workout looked good at CrossFit, so I came home to feed Harley and grab a bite to eat before it was out the door again. The workout kicked my butt! After the workout, I headed home and we just hung out.

{saturday} I was up around 9am and got ready for my long run. I debated doing it on Sunday, but it was supposed to be even colder so I decided to get myself together and out the door. After my run, Mr.D picked me up {I ran from our house to almost downtown where he picked me up} and then had a quick shower and bite to eat. In the afternoon, I went to Alison's house, so we could drive together to Rachel's birthday party. Happy birthday again Rachel! That night, we parked ourselves on the couch and watched Dallas Buyers Club. Definitely not what I thought it was going to be.

{sunday} I went to another CrossFit class in the morning and then stopped to pick up something I bought off Kijiji. A quick stop for groceries and then I took Harley for a cold and frosty walk. The rest of the afternoon was spent curled up with a blanket and a book. A nap might have been had in there too ;)  There is something awesome about a quiet Sunday afternoon with a book and no plans. 

Tell me: how was your weekend?

7 comments :

  1. Great workouts this weekend! I love when there are no plans. Glad you enjoyed some down time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Mine went by way too fast as well. On Friday I went to a friend's house for dinner and then out for ice cream. On Saturday I had a massage in the afternoon and then went to a gathering at a co-worker's house that night. On Sunday night I had my first virtual book club with my family. Add in a run at a speedy (for me) pace, a hilly walk, and lots of sunshine, and it was a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my kind of Sunday!! Nothing better than a nap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Dallas Buyers Club a few weeks ago. I thought it was "okay." I think I expected more. Are you doing the open?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Dallas buyers club!! God to see you this weekend!! Your Sunday sounds perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cold, wintery Sundays are perfect for no plans, and a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good weekend!

    Eric and I have actually talked about the not having to work thing lots and I don't think I would like that at all. While I really enjoy my weekends and time off I also really enjoy the structure and routine having a job gives me. Now, I wish I could have a job where I get summers off - I could totally handle not working in the summers. BUT I could also never be a teacher so I need to find a different job that offers summers off. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...