Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary Marathon: training week one


Week one of training is in the books! I will admit that I am a little nervous going into this training round as I know what goes into training for a marathon and it's not always easy. But, I am also excited to see what I can do this training cycle too.

1/27
  • rest day as we were out of town for Mr.D's grandpas funeral
1/28
  • tempo run
    • 0.5km warm up, 5k tempo (5:14, 5:18, 5:08, 5:12, 5:10) and 0.5km cool down
    • 5:19/km average pace
  • weights at home
1/29
  • CrossFit workout of:
    A. 5 min double unders ( 139)
    B. 4 min row for cals (46)
    C. 3 min back extensions (53)
    D: 2 min pull ups (20)
    E: 1 min burpees (17)
1/30
  • hill repeats
    • 2.8 km warm up with Harley then 4 hill repeats (550m long) and cool down
1/31
  • 3.2km walk with Harley
2/1
  • 12.km run with Harley. 5:50/km average pace. A bit faster than I was hoping though
2/2
  •  5.0km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout of:
    • push jerk 2, 2, 2, 2, 2
    • worked up to 80lbs
Overall, a pretty good week. I felt strong all week and hit every one of my runs. 

Tell me: how was your week of training? 

10 comments :

  1. I was consistent last week with 4 runs. This week I'm working on mixing things up a bit so did some speed work today. I've signed up for my 2nd 10k race and I need to do a lot of strength training between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got an HM coming up, but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I am excited it is you doing another marathon and not me ;) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was such a slump this past week! I kinda loose motivation real quick in the cold, but I need to get at it, I'm going to do the half at the scotiabank marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! There is no danger of me passing you during the race. Or even keeping up. You are off to an amazing start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job nailing down week 1 of training Leigh! ;) my week went very well last week and then today we have been hit by a blizzard :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the training! Specific runs like tempo, hill training, speed work etc are so important during marathon training and will make you so strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crazy! ;) yes you. Good on ya though!! I'll come with a sign again. And hopefully actually see you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a good week. How many days are you doing Crossfit? My "official training" starts next week. It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad your first week of training went so well! I am impressed by the variety of workouts you fit in each week. I think this is going to be a great race for you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...