Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary marathon: training week two


Week two of marathon training is in the books! It wasn't the greatest week due to very cold winter temperatures and a cold that kicked my butt. That being said, I survived and am onto week three of training.

2/3
  • rest as I took a sick day from work and rested on the couch
2/4
  • 5.0km {5:50/km avg pace} run on the treadmill at home. It was way too cold to run outside and I still wasn't feeling 100%. It was supposed to be a tempo run, but I figured slow kilometers were better than none.
2/5
  • CrossFit workout of:
Every minute on the minute of snatch
10 reps @ 57lbs
10 reps @ 62lbs
1 fail @ 67lbs
9 reps @62lbs
2/6
  • hill repeats. 1km warm up, 6 hill repeats and cool down. 7.42kms total
2/7
  • 3.2km walk with Harley. Brrr is all I have to say.
2/8
  • rest
2/9
  • 16.0km {5:57/km average pace} run. It was a pretty cold day and the wind was wicked. I was layered appropriately, but the wind cut through my face mask.  
Thoughts on this week: Not my greatest week of workouts because of having a cold, but I focused on getting better rather than feeling sick longer. I did get all of my runs in, so I feel good about that. I am also very ready for some warmer winter weather. Running in -18/-23C with windchill is not fun.
 
Tell me: how was your week of workouts/training? 

7 comments :

  1. I am totally, TOTALLY ready for warm weather runs. I'm trying not to think of vacation a year ago, in Bermuda, running on the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am done with winter. Not feeling it today. I've got the February blues! Nice job on the snatch. It's definitely not my favorite Olympic lift. How many times a week do you go to crossfit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's always better to rest when you are feeling a bit under the weather -- if you push it you could get more sick and it could mess with even more of your training! Hope you are feeling better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you had a great training week despite being sick. I was side lined last year for almost two weeks with a chest cold during my Boston training. :( It was so hard to see other runners go by my window.

    My week was pretty good with training. Mother nature thought she'd try to mess things up with a snow storm, but I tried not to let her get in the way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty impressive given the sickness and this awful cold weather! I somehow missed that you got a treadmill- that's awesome and will make running on the really crappy weather days so much easier! Hope the weather starts to warm up for your sake!

    My workouts right now consist of getting out of bed to go to the bathroom and marathon feeding session!! I've lost a ton of inches in the last week though!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling 100% soon! I agree that it's time for some warmer winter weather. I would take -10. No more -20's please and thank you! Every time I go for a car wash, they tell me it's too cold for them to turn it on..... HELLO IT'S CANADA. Buy better machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bummer that you have been sick but hopefully this is the only time you will be sick during this training session.

    My workouts were good last week as I did a variety of things like water aerobics, spinning, the elliptical and some running.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...