Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary Marathon: training week three


The highlights of week three of marathon training would be that the deep freeze like temperatures finally left and I didn't have to wear a million layers to go for a run! Nothing makes me more excited than not having to take 15 minutes to put all of those layers on and figure out if I will be warm enough, haha.

February 10, 2014
  • 3.2km walk with Harley
 February 11, 2014
  • hill repeats- 5.35kms total with warm up, 4 hill repeats and cool down. My stomach was not feeling so hot on this run so I cut it short
February 12, 2014
  • CrossFit workout of backsquats x1 rep. I worked up to 145lbs
February 13, 2014
  • Interval run at lunch time as the weather finally warmed up. 1 on/1 off x 10 reps with warm up and cool down. 4.1kms total.
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
 February 14, 2014
  • rest day
February 15, 2014
  • LSD run of 20kms. Total time was 1:49 and average pace was 5:29/km. The pace was definitely faster than I was aiming for, but my legs felt good and just didn't feel like slowing down so I went with it. 
  • strangest thing I saw on my run was a lady running with a small dog and then pushing another one in a jogging stroller. 
February 16, 2014
  • 2.5km walk with Harley and Brian. It was so bitterly windy out this day that the walk was cut short.
 Overall, not a bad week. I felt pretty good (minus some stomach weirdness on Tuesday) all week, so happy with that.

Tell me: how was your week of workouts and training? What is the strangest thing you've ever seen on your run?

6 comments :

  1. Great job on your long run - you are speedy! That is the same amount of time it took me to run 16 km a few weeks ago :) Haha.

    This past Sunday I saw lots of people running in SHORTS. It was only 7 C so I thought that was a little strange. I like more like 12 - 15 C for shorts weather myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME long run :) I love the days when you feel so good at a fast pace that you could run forever! Ditto on the comment above...I saw LOTS of people in shorts...not really sure what that was about! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on your week of training. You are speedy! And I am so happy to hear the temps warmed up for you. That makes a huge difference mentally and physically I think.

    The strangest thing I have seen is a woman pushing a cat in a stroller!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on getting out there, even in the cold.

    I just don't get people who carry their small dogs, or put them in the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so fast!! Glad the weather cooperated for you this week. The wind has been nasty though.

    Too funny about the lady and her dogs. I can't think of the weirdest thing I've seen while running. The worst thing was at harvest half this lady was wearing see through pants pretty much. I felt so bad for her that her family didn't tell her she was leaving nothing to the imagination. They weren't lulu pants either. Just a couple sizes too small so stretched to the limit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the weather is better for tour runs. I see a lady in our ravine that pushes a dog in a chariot. Cruz doesn't understand. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...