Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary Marathon: training week four


Week four of training is done! Crazy to think that a month of training is already over and it's only about to start ramping up!

February 17, 2014
  • 6.5km walk with Mr.D and Harley as we had the day off and the weather was nice
  • at home tabata workout (20 seconds/10 seconds off for 8 rounds of each movement) of: burpee to overhead, Russian twists, KB swings, clean & jerks and skaters
February 18, 2014
  • 7.21km {5:33/km avg pace} run. It included a warm up, 6 hill repeats and a cool down
February 19, 2014
  •  CrossFit workout of:
AMRAP in 10 minutes of:
5 OHS (62lbs)
10 deadlifts (62lbs)
15 knees to elbows

  • I suck at knees to elbows, so that part made for a tough workout
February 20, 2014
  • 5.0km (4:50/km avg pace} tempo run. This was one of those runs where everything felt good. 
February 21, 2014
  • CrossFit workout of:
AMRAP in 15 mins of:
3 clean and jerks (65lbs)
3 bar muscle ups
6 c&j's
6 bar muscle ups
9 clean and jerks
9 bar muscle ups...
  • for the bar muscle ups, I used a couple of bands and tried to get as many as I could per round. I then did chest to bar pull ups to complete each round.
February 22, 2014
  • 24.0km {5:41/km avg pace} long slow run. It was snowing on the beginning of my run, but thankfully stopped. I also bailed hard on some ice, but thankfully I didn't hurt anything.
February 23, 2014
  • 3.2km cold, cold walk with Harley
  • CrossFit tabata workout of: box jumps, back extensions, med ball cleans and hand release push ups
 Tell me: how was your week of workouts or training?

6 comments :

  1. looks like a great week of training! I continue to bow down to those of you dealing with this crazy winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work even with all this crap weather!! I'm glad my workout all happen in the basement but dread out twice a day walks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the training, especially in the bitterly cold temps you have had! Last week was a good week for me as I fit in a good mix of workouts. I pushed the pace a bit on my Saturday run and felt ok afterwards so am taking that as a sign that I can start to slowly increase my mileage a bit, which feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week sucked for me but this week is off to a great start. Sounds like you had a solid week! You're going to rock the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got solid workouts in! I've heard good things about the Calgary Marathon. I wish I lived closer so I could scoot over to Vancouver and do the Lululemon run:P Considering I'm on the other coast, maybe I'll stick around haha. Where did you end up going to eat that time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are amazing.... ok ok ok I will now only run to see clients today (it's -35 with wind chill )
    Leigh you are so committed to fitness - very impressed! Can't wait to see you in April - we are walking back from the airport!
    Keep up the training.... I just did 654 squats while i was typing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...