Monday, March 3, 2014

Highlights of the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! Did you manage to stay warm if you were one of the unlucky ones hit by this freezing cold weather? If I could go into hibernation right now, that would be perfect!

{friday} I had a hair appointment after work, and highlighted my hair for the first time in a couple of years! Feels good to be blonde(r) again. I wasn't done until after 7pm, so we just hung out at home the rest of the night.



{saturday} It was wayyyy too cold to run outside, so I headed to Mount Royal University to try and get my 28km run in. I ended up getting it all completed by switching up between the treadmill and the track. Took longer than normal, but glad it's done and over with. After my run, I headed home to shower and get cleaned up. One of Mr.D's friends was in town, so I met up with them at Original Joe's for an early dinner. After dinner, we headed back home to hang out at home in front of the fire and wrapped up in blankets. So cold!

{sunday} In the morning, I braved the cold to go get some groceries. We were supposed to have lunch with some friends, but they didn't end up coming into town. So, the rest of the afternoon was spent baking some cookies, making soup and doing laundry. I also snuck in a quick workout at home and my training partner was slacking on the motivation! ;)

Such a slacker ;)
Warm soup for a cold day!
Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?

15 comments :

  1. Love your hair!! Was so damn cold. Glad you could run inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hair! I had a hair appointment on the weekend too. Just a trim though.

    We ran the hypo half here on Sunday and it was great. I really hope your deep freeze ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting the whole 28k in indoors!!

    Love the hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the distance! I swapped my scheduled 25k with next week's shorter run in the hopes of better weather showing up. Your training partner has the right idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks awesome!! We had super cold weather this weekend too!! When is going to warm up and stay warm!? We need to get rid of some of this snow!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The highlights look fantastic! Nice and subtle, but still a change. I need some good soup recipes, care to share any? Tomorrow is Tasty Tuesday, after all, you could totally post a recipe for me to steal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When does it start to warm up up there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great!!! I love the puppy and soup pictures as well. I'm such a soup girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great - that is such a fun length on you and the highlights are a fun change. My weekend was awesome but it was also bitterly cold for me. The high when I was home was about 3F but it was mostly below zero so super cold. But I still had a wonderful time and did not want to come back to Charlotte on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hair!! Good for you for doing such a long run inside. I think alternating between the track and the treadmill would maybe make it more bearable? Hope spring comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice hair! I'm shocked you highlighted it though!!

    Brrr this cold it awful. Why did you go to MRU for your run? Glad you did it inside though.

    Definitely soup weather. I was going to make some today. Now to get the toddler to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...